Lady LadyBug@

If you are in tax, you'll be working 7 days a week during the busy season. The total number of months you WILL NOT be able to see your family or participate in your kids' lives: 4-5 months a year. Flexible work arrangement exists, but it is hard to manage everyone's expectations. If you are a person who wants to be involved in raising your own kids and who always wants to be there for them, you won't be happy at EY. If you don't mind your kids calling your nanny "mom" and don't understand how people live their lives without live-in nanny and housemades, than yeah, you will fit in. Make your career your most important priority and you'll thrive.

If career comes first before anything else...including family
Lady Cabernet

Great flexibility but you have to ask for what you need and have proven yourself to be a solid performer. I find that I either have ultimate flexibility or ultimate inflexibility depending on the time of year or project I am working on but overall I am so happy with the way I can work here.

I generally think women are treated fairly here. Having children is ALWAYS difficult no matter where you work. EY has been flexible with providing us tools to work from home and also provides subsidized back up care for children.

Lady casaba1 Manager, FSO Advisory

Your experience would depend on your service line and clients.

Madam Ladyd Senior Manager, Tax

There are a lot of opportunities for women to succeed

daisymae519 Girl

x

Lady aggie2004 Manager, Tax

WE are moving to being a very heavily predominate female firm at the lower levels however the partner levels do not reflect this fact. If you are not able to work in a part-time arrangement the job can be very stressful and I not sure how many managers and senior managers handle the expectations of sales and workload of a full-time position along with family commitments. Many times "flexibility" for people in a full-time position means working all hours of the night just to be able to pic up their kids in the evening.

Depending on their personal situation and availibility to work part-time I would reccomend
anon1465 Analyst, Financial Advisory Services

I worked at Ernst & Young for 3 years from 1999-2002 so some of this information may be outdated. As an Analyst within the financial advisory consulting subsidiary of the company, I had to travel 80% of the time across the country depending on where the client engagement took me. The quality of life was difficult due to the travel, and it was the only reason why I left the company. However, the benefits were above industry average, I had great access to senior managers and mentors, and the work was top of the line in terms of business experience and executive education. My career experience with EY was excellent preparation for developing the industry expertise that I wanted, which I was able to do for the next 10 years. I highly recommend EY to anyone seeking a career workplace that tries to accommodate women's career advancements and working arrangements despite the nature of management consulting work and all the challenges that can be associated with it.

Lady Bernice Manager, International Tax

Great people.

Lady trget12

Not for everyone

Women Review EY for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of EY by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 75 reviews Company Website Lady LadyBug@ Lady Cabernet Lady anon342 Lady casaba1 Madam Ladyd daisymae519 Girl Lady aggie2004 anon1465 Lady Bernice Lady trget12