Lady Anon747 Software Engineer, Engineering

Policy towards women varies so much depending on your manager. My last manager ignored systematic bullying and told me he doesn't see gender, it's all merit based *eye roll*. New manager is female and have a shocking 20% women in my org, and can feel the difference. But, discrepancies between orgs are not investigated, there are very few women in leadership roles, especially in engineering, bro culture is strong and in anonymous discussions, things like whether women are actually worse at engineering than men have been openly discussed. Doesn't do much to inspire trust in my male colleagues. Despite tons of diversity promotion, the stats have changed very little. While I realise this is endemic in the valley, it makes a lot of FB's diversity work seem hollow and more about publicity.

anon1517 Sales

This is overall a great company for women. However, with Sheryl Sandberg being the COO, you'd expect it to have all the best policies and benefits worldwide for women, and that's not necessarily the case. Optional extended maternity leave that's available in some countries outsite the US (i.e. Brazil) is not available for employees, for instance.

Woman Worker

Facebook has great female- and family-friendly policies in place and actively strives to be a good place for women to work; I'd definitely recommend it to other women. That said, it still isn't free of the practices and attitudes endemic to tech that can make things difficult for women.

anon1256 Product

Some of the best maternity policies I've seen in the US. Amazing support for mothers with easy access parking spots and rooms for breastfeeding even at pop-up one-night events. Still, you will run into the usual set of employees looking past you or only hearing your argument after it has been repeated by a male colleague, not looking you in the eye, lower participation rates by women in groups, etc. We also need to see more women managers throughout the org.

Lady designer123 Designer

So far its been great!

Diversity is a main concern and there are great resource groups to facilitate conversation and change. It's not perfect yet, but leadership is very invested in improving equality.

Lady realtalk Software analyst, Engineer

Its a wonderful place

Lady CodeWarrier Software Engineer, Android, Engineering

There are relatively few women working in engineering. Upper management seems pretty fair towards women, but individuals vary quite a bit (and you're reviewed by your peers, so that matters). There's a decent amount of company focus on avoiding bias and increasing diversity, but also a lot of blow-back from men who think that means "lowering the bar", even while management insists it does not. I suspect it's much harder for women to get promoted.

Depends where you are in your career
Lady SWE in Training Software Engineering Intern

Note: my salary was $8000/mo as an intern, but obviously my annual salary was pretty low. Also, no bonus :P I was only an intern for three months, but overall I would recommend Facebook as a good place for women to work. While it's not perfect and you experience a fair amount of micro-aggressions on a day-to-day basis, I don't think it's too different from your typical tech company. I think there is a fair amount of "over-correcting" for this, though. One of the benefits of working at Facebook for women is that there's a lot of support for female engineers, especially those who want to move up to management. Additionally, maternity leave and paternity leave are identical (4 months); Facebook is one of the few tech companies to offer this.

Madam spimmywarg Engineering Manager

Every time they talk about hiring more women, they frame it as "lowering the bar". I have never worked anywhere with such a low ratio in my engineering department.

Women Review Facebook for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Facebook by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 18 reviews Company Website Lady Anon747 anon1517 Woman Worker anon1256 Lady designer123 Lady anon940 Lady realtalk Lady CodeWarrier Lady SWE in Training Madam spimmywarg