Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Family Online Safety Institute to join us.

US Army Garrison Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

It’s a great place for being with kids if you love working with kids. The pay is good for working in daycare. The immediate and upper management are not so great at backing up the teachers on the policies though

Missguided Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

On the surface the brand represents female empowerment but all of the senior management are male and there is no maternity pay.

Cornerstone OnDemand Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Great perks, family friendly, and solid work life balance. Investments in development and career advancement.

Flexible work hours, flexibility to work from home, and unlimited vacation.

LovelySkin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

One of the things that really sets this company apart from others is that the majority of the staff are women. There are many entry-level positions with a great opportunity to grow. It's easy to learn skills on the job and if you're willing to put in a lot of hard work, you can move up in the company over time. The biggest perks include great bonuses, raises, healthcare benefits, retirement plan and profit sharing. Management is very invested in the success of the staff.

It's important to establish your work-life balance from day one. Flexible hours and regular lunch breaks are discouraged. Upon interviewing, HR touts work from home "rewards," but working from home isn't an option unless it's in addition to your regular 40+ hours. Management can be insensitive and occasionally expects team members to be available at all times, including nights and weekends. It's okay to let them know they're asking for too much of your personal time.

Paid maternity leave is not available, but you can take out short-term disability at a monthly cost to you. If you have health troubles while pregnant (bed rest, miscarriage, etc.), management is incredibly understanding and flexible to your needs.

Northwest Research Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a small company, very accomodating for work/life balance

Veracity Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Leadership is very sexist. Input from male colleuges was always valued why female coworkers were singled out and displined for contributing in meetings. I learned to not speak up, but i saw it happen to co-workers all the time.

Kindred Healthcare, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

October 2016

Unfortunately don't let this employer know you are pregnant. As soon as I announced my pregnancy I was treated differently and questioned at every turn. I was eventually let go nine months pregnant after many months of gender discrimination alongside pregnancy discrimination.

Oliver Bonas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think this company is fair to women but there is no progression and the pay is terrible. For those that want a 'career', i don't recommend.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Claremont Foods Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are strong and can stand up for yourself, you'll be fine. There are a lot of nice women that work here, though, and while there are occasional comments that shock me, I think it's more ignorance than anything.