FGX International

www.fgxi.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at FGX International to join us.

Children's Coalition for Northeast Louisiana Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great all-female mission-based place to work, but be careful of office cliques

West Texas A&M University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It may be difficult to get hired as a woman at this employer but, once hired, women are given similar opportunity as men.

Make-A-Wish Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Avoid!! For many reasons! Maternity benefits are terrible. Medical and leave.

American Airlines Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you're starting in an entry level position, it will take a long time many promotions to get to an acceptable pay grade.

Baked by Melissa Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Do not work here. CEO has no respect for women whatsoever. Likes to think he's the only intelligent person in the office. Doesn't listen to anyone.

Upper management is terrible. Extremely volatile CEO. Would not recommend working here.

Southwest Florida Water Management District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

As a government agency, this is a great place to work if you're looking for work/life balance. The leave and medical benefits are very good. As a working mom, I'm able to balance working 40 hours a week and taking time off when I need or want to.

I was able to use accrued annual and sick leave for my maternity leave therefore I didn't have to go unpaid.

GBD Architects Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Give it some time - the leadership is receptive to change, though it may take a while. GBD genuinely cares about its employees, so we will get there.

Questback Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Woman-led in North America, lots of room to grow and define your own role, need to be a self starter, important bring either experience or connections or knowledge or all three into your role. Need to be able to juggle competing requirements for limited resources and time.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Education First Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a majority woman-owned company with a female CEO. We are a virtual firm, which allows us all additional flexibility. The kind of flexibility that allows working women to focus on what's important in addition to career--family, exercise, hobbies, volunteering, etc. We have a generous maternity leave benefit and also grant PTO for paternity leave.