Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at First Manhattan Co. to join us.

Healthpointe Medical Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

The CEO is rumored to say "Employees are a dime a dozen" and the company culture (and turnover rate) reflects this. The company pays well below market for any job. The company does tend to hire women and even promote them, but that is because they find that most men expect to be paid more than this company willing to pay. Annual reviews do not happen unless the employee insists, At the annual reviews, managers often cherry-pick "examples" of poor performance to justify either a tiny or zero raise.

The departments that report to the CTO/COO (purchasing, IT, content writing, and others have more flexibility because he tries to provide reasonable accommodation for life circumstances within the boundaries of company policy. The rest of the company does not seem to be flexible. If a person calls in sick, for instance, they are grilled about the nature of the illness and their supervisor/manager will often push them to come in anyway. This approach comes direct from the CEO, a woman, who treats her own subordinates this way.

ProPlus Logics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Proplus Logics will always be a supportive one they will provide the best for their staffs

Beyond 20/20 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

he process I went through was an interview, then 2 scheduled days to observe for 2 hours, then a 1 month trial. The trial was 2 days a week for 9 hours so 18 hours a week. Everything was going well. I was staying passed the 2 hours and coming in early for observation. I was conversing/ helping with the staff and patients as if I were a part of the team and they showed appreciation to that. I made then made it to the 1 month trial. I bought my scrubs and began training (I was training for front desk AND as a Visual Therapist Assistant). The first two weeks I was really just observing and when there were no patients, I was independently studying. There were books and videos. I took notes and tested myself and did pretty well fairly quickly. Keep in mind, I was advised not to study at home, not to bring home reading materials, and even though they made me study the given material at work, I wasn’t allowed to do it like the materials taught me, they did things different. Very confusing, right? But I did it and even began to assist with patients that last day of that last week. Then week 3 came. I walked into the office and was immediately blamed for tools being left out and I didn’t do it. Of course because I was knew, I immediately was to blame. I voiced it was not me but I wouldn’t let it happen again. That was the first weird incident. I then noticed that I was being snapped at often and there was A LOT of nit-picking going on. At first I ignored it because they told me that the owner is very particular about things but once I began getting snapped at for stuff they told me I was allowed to do, I began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to keep a positive attitude and do what I was told because as they kept reminding me, I was not officially hired and a part of the staff (or their clique from what it seemed). That’s fine, I knew it was a test run. The second day of the 3rd week was bad too. They began to whisper a lot and go into rooms to do such while I tried to keep busy and be hands on. It was awkward. I didn’t take it personal until the 5th or 6th time. Then more nit-picking, more blaming, more discrediting me in front of patients and parents. I felt like a fool and I knew I was doing well so what was the problem?? They had this little agreement to park and walk out together in the parking lot after closing because we’re all women and it’s dark. Once I was told to leave ahead of everyone and walk alone, I knew something was wrong. I came back in for the 4th week with a smile on my face. I told myself to just keep doing what I was doing and be the best I can (because that was the advice that was given to me in the beginning by one of the workers who had say in my hiring). After the 2nd hour, I asked to speak to the Doctor about my progress and what I am doing right, and what can I do to be better. She then proceeded to tell me I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t taking initiative by grabbing the files and immediately working the patients. I was shocked. I was specifically told to ask before I do anything because they’re “Very particular” about what they do there and because I “wasn’t officially hired” yet. No feedback, no tips for improvement in the process, nothing. I literally walked in one day and everything was different. I wasn’t given a fair chance. She told me they don’t like to “push” people to do things, yet when I did try to take initiative, I was told I wasn’t allowed to do this or not allowed to do that. It was a set-up to fail. I was TRAINING to become the Visual Therapist ASSISTANT, NOT the VT and NOT the DR. I did very well despite the short time frame and unrealistic demands. Do I think that’s the real reason I wasn’t hired? I'm not sure. Makes no sense, I did very well, the children liked me, I have a great background and until week 3, they liked me too. They made me feel discouraged, spoke to me like I was dumb and did a TON of whispering. They weren’t helping me get the job, they were putting me down and reminding me I wasn’t a part of the team. I felt like I was trying out to be the cool kid of a high school. It was so stupid and a complete waste of time. I could go on for hours about the nonsense that went on there. I responded in a professional manner and left. No wonder they’ve been looking for someone to fill the position for so long. They don’t know how to train people. It’s a waste of time. You’ll be damned if you do, damned if you don’t trying to please everyone there. I believe they're good people but for your sake, Keep looking.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

You need to tell people that you're training how they're doing and how to improve. If you don't, you will always have a high turn-over rate and you will always be looking to hire someone. You can't hire people with no experience and expect them to do your job as a doctor within 2 weeks. Have a weekly meeting. Tell them what they're doing right and what needs improvement so they succeed. Also, stop continuously reminding them that they aren't officially hired. It is discouraging, unprofessional and tacky. And don't discredit them or blame them for things while patients are there. At the end of the day this just makes the company look bad with a different set of people working there each month, etc. Cut people some slack, give them the FULL 1 MONTH as spoken of, train them on what is done in the facility, not on what most Doctor's expect via text book then switch it up on them.

RGP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

RGP offers flexibility and work/life balance. It is an excellent place to work.

RGP is extremely flexible. I have been here for 16 years and have had flexibility since I became a mom 6.5 years ago. RGP has always been by my side. They offer work/life balance for mom's. Don Murray, our founder, said he always hired women because they were determined. RGP's CEO is a woman who used to be our Chief Legal Officer.

I took extra time off.

Nordson Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great benefits and discounts, not conducive to women with young children at home.

As a sales associate, you're commission only. This provides a wonderful opportunity for you to make a very competitive salary. Alternatively, your 12pm-9pm work day could easily turn into 12 hours if a client comes in late, or during your lunch hour. You need to make the sale for your commission, and are required to make your daily sales quota. It's not a position very conducive to women with young children.

Merge Healthcare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Merge has been referred to as a "boys club" for several years. Unfortunately not much has changed. They have attempted to start a "women's networking group" but failed to gain members as their meetings covered topics like "What to Wear to Work" as presented by a male executive. The topics presented highlight everything that is already wrong with the company.

Wiley Publishing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.2

Don't expect promotions in systems or raises/bonuses at all. Negotiate your starting salary hard because it's your biggest opportunity for growth here.

Quintiles Transnational Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Strong women are given just as much chance to succeed here. It's a solid workplace environment. The challenge is that no one has an easy path as it's not yet a place that is supportive, regardless of gender.

UC Synergetic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No maternity or paternity benefits. No birth control is covered. There is no formal documentation on what is and is not covered by the health plan.

Connections Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Must use 5 days sick time (paid), then if less than 5 yrs of service: 5 weeks 100% paid, remaining 6 weeks at 66% of earnings. If more than 5 yrs of service, 12 weeks is 100% paid. I think the leave is fair as far as US companies go but I'd love to see more companies push the length of maternity leave to 6 months as a standard so that we don't feel bad taking the time to nurture our little ones. Women-dominated field, but hard to catch up to work after being out for an extended time and others don't necessarily comfortably cover your work. It's a fast-moving business and can be stressful to juggle everything.