Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at FlightCar to join us.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Saivian International, Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company helps you to keep your career and family together. As woman, we often need to choose one or the other. However, because of their structure and benefits, I have been able to have a fairly reasonable balance between work and home. I was able to set up a schedule that allow me to come earlier after dropping off my kid at the daycare and leave earlier to come back home with my kid. This special schedule works with me because of the daycare hours. I also can finish off the remainder of my work after I get home.

They offer flexible schedule and ability to work remotely.

Anderson Air Conditioning And Heating Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Have a superman thick skin because everything is your fault. Regardless of how little control you have

I don't get any benefits beside a 1 week vacation, I have no medical paid sick or holidays

TEGNA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We have wonderful female leaders but there is still a disconnect to providing a culture that fosters family balance, and sending messages that help retain female talent. For example, there is not a designated pumping room for working mothers. It's very difficult to get managers to understand when you need to take your child to a doctor appointment.

Nautica Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

1- ask your future manager about their managment style. 2-go in at a high salary since there is little to no chance you will ever be given a pay increase.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Improve compensation and provide management with training on fairly writing reviews.

USAble Life Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Pay tends to be good overall and working conditions, environment, and flexibility are great. Limits in promotion for women are noticeable above Manager and director levels.

University Of Nebraska Omaha Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Get things in writing. Make sure that what is agreed when you start a project is outlined from the beginning. Check what was expected of other people, and make sure the standards are the same for you.

Policies need to be standardized. What is considered enough for one person should be the same for another in the same position. Everything is too subjective.

United States Postal Service Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

That there is something of a good old boy network, but for the most part all are treated equally.

Ronald Joe Phillips Insurance Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are friendly people. They spend money like crazy, but tell me that they can't afford to pay me any benefits or paid leave. I have been there two years without a pay increase or performance evaluation. Production and sales are higher than ever. Men are in sales, all women are in support positions.

Talley Management Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There were lots of women and mothers at Talley, men were in the minority. Maternity leave was the standard 3 months, and at no point did I feel pressured to come back early or not to take the full 3 months. When I came back to work, I was offered a perfect place to pump, complete with a sink and electricity. It worked out far better than I expected.