Flightglobal https://www.flightglobal.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Flightglobal?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Flightglobal to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

2/16/17, 9:31 PM

There are lots of changes happening at the company right now and people are working long hours

Maybe. Lots of changes happening, long hour days

2/16/17, 9:21 PM

Time Inc. has a Women @ Time Inc. program to help provide a safe space for women at work & to help elevate them in their careers. They offer programming led by inspirational women.

Thrillist Media Group

0%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
1/24/17, 6:06 AM

Its not amazing but better than most. Best suits younger people as they really stress the "fun" work atmosphere typical of startups/tech companies so think more happy hours and less sympathy or positive assumptions about leaving work to see your kids instead.

1/23/17, 2:16 AM

If you're a mother, this is a tough place to work. Upper management is mostly all white male and less understanding about needing flex time for family. Women are expected to work long & hard - something that would be much easier if they were more lenient on working remotely when needed. Also, there is a TON of change going on and hasn't had a reputation for being stable - so avoid if you're looking for stability. Lastly, there is a new sales and edit structure - but the inner-workings haven't been adjusted yet so getting anything accomplished in a timely, strategic manner for clients has been absolutely painful.

CBS Corporation

3.4
38%say women are treated fairly
46% would recommend
12/12/16, 9:31 PM

The opportunities are there, but only if you seek them out. They won't come easily.

12/9/16, 2:41 PM

The company is in a major flux right now and corporate doesn't tell you much. Wish there was more transparency. Also, they're cutting staff all over the company and expecting the existing small teams to pick up the extra work which means long hours and way too much on your plate.

11/16/16, 6:43 AM

Things can work out, but the flexibility within the company is a little off right now. Definitely not somewhere I'd recommend if you're going to need time off in the near future.

Maybe. I would recommend going back to TimeInc, but I specifically had a female employer who felt threatened by other women and made life hard for people all around her.

The Walt Disney Company

3.6
61%say women are treated fairly
61% would recommend
10/31/16, 3:01 AM

It's difficult to move up the chain and if you have a quiet demeanor that is seen as negative

NBCUniversal

44%say women are treated fairly
69% would recommend
8/28/16, 12:47 PM

Coming from another leading company in the media industry, it was refreshing to see how open NBC was--I feel like I can speak my mind and be supported, they have many different opportunities for learning, networking, expanding your skills, and they embrace diversity. From my experience in negotiating my salary, I still think the gender pay wage gap exists here though. While HR wasn't willing to expand upon whether or not NBC is working to close this, they worked with me so that I was satisfied with my final compensation package.

Chicago Tribune Media Group

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
8/24/16, 10:17 AM

Make sure you have or gain the expertise you need to succeed quickly, and you have a boss who values it. BTW, make sure at the outset the boss/management/culture of your immediate workplace within the company is something you can deal with, because the compensation will never be adequate enough for you to justify working in a less than hospitable workplace.

Why does it always come down to maternity leave? There are other reasons having to do with family healthcare and associated critical situations that are requiring more working women of various age groups to take leave--- and too many companies either don't have pro isions for it, won't work to retain talent through it or won't obligate themselves to implement ethical policies or federal state or local laws with regard to paid sick time, ST disability or FMLA. If there is no union to represent you, you are out of luck and out of pocket.
Maybe. So much of employee performance, produ tion and policy decisions are not managed at the higher corporate levels where standsrds and accountability are more seriously paid attention to. Too much of what decides an employee's fate or fortune is punted back to a direct supervisor or unit manager-- and heaven help you if that boss has a personal agenda and is free to micro manage you within their own set of rules.