Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Food Service Warehouse to join us.

Bickford Senior Living Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Bickford Of Maplewood review Run the other direction. They are very obvious that they care about money more than the residents

treats residents poorly and systemically understaffed

CIT Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Learn the business, develop relationships across departments and across levels.

Level of flexibility is influenced by the flexibiilty of the direct manager.

Improve opportunities to develop and learn. This is an improvement that could be made for both men and women.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Shake Shack Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Plan to work hard. We all do!

Intact Financial Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Work life balance is on everyone's minds. There is also a women's network internally where we hear guest speakers and hear about career paths from our peers.

Pratt Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The cats on the campus are feral and carry Toxoplasmosis which the Mayo Clinic notes that "infants born to infected mothers and for people with weakened immune systems, toxoplasmosis can cause extremely serious complications." It's extremely dangerous, disgusting, and despite fights to rid them from the campus - is not going to change anytime soon despite noted diagnoses of this infectious disease on record.

MoneyGram International Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It seems like they are trying to improve the opportunities for women, but there are no women on the executive leadership team and I think maternity leave is only available via short term disability.

Edelman Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

Increasingly flexible for maternity leave and women with kids.

The American Association of Immunologists Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

I should have ran after they let the Operations Manager and the VP go. This company is completely unethical to both women and men.

Connecticut Judicial Branch Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

I came there from another clerks office in Connecticut. I thought that it would be pretty much the same across the board but it was pure hell I took the job based on a position that I found out later was never available. The only reason I took the job was because of the experience I was going to be getting. I was hired on a lie and then when I started to question the whole situation then I was public enemy number one. My supervisors yelled at me called me incompetent . Got mad at me for not know things that I was never told. I found out later that this was something that they did and that there had ben other people before me who had gone through the same thing and experienced the same thing. A few people quit there jobs because they just couldn't take it anymore. Mary Na Catherine were to two supervisors from hell. The worst part is everyone knows how bad it is yet no one knows what to do......don't work there under any circumstances......Clerks office new haven Connecticut GA23.