Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at G Adventures to join us.

Strategy& Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The firm acknowledges significant life transitions and works to accommodate individual situations. Based on my experience, the firm rewards high performing staff with flexible work arrangements aimed at talent retention.

DLL Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are opportunities for growth - you need to make it happen.

moBack, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It’s hard to find anything nice to say about this company. It is very obvious they have management issues. The CEO is at the top and there is no one else to go to for complaints, no HR no VP nothing. As a consulting company it makes sense you work on many different projects at the same time but he is paranoid and makes you keep blow by blow notes about exactly what you do hourly then have one on one meetings with him to go over what you did and he still insists you email him at the end of day to let him know what you did. It is very obvious he doesn’t trust his employees. All the men at the top are sexist. I have heard on more than one occasion them speak to women in the office about their clothes even heard the CEO to tell a female employee to dress “pretty” for a convention. He treats women very differently than the men and not in a better way. There is also major favoritism. Many of the employees watch video and listen to podcasts while they work the CEO has told people to stop as it is distracting them/ affecting their work and others, but leaves the favorites alone to keep watching their anime and do little to no work. The management is also bipolar and flips opinions on projects sometimes several times within the same day and it is hard to know where you stand with them. Everyone makes way less than they should be for a company in the bay area. And there is no room for growth. No promotions, no progression, and very few raises. The CEO is also cheap and, though he does get lunch for the team Wednesday- Friday, keeps lowering the amount of money we are allowed to spend per person for the meal and so we end up getting bad small portions of food we don’t even want. There is no respect for the employees and the ideas and opinions they have. When projects will not work they will not listen to reason. I haven’t even touched on the illegal activity going on. They cut corners with licenses usually getting the cheaper versions and saying it is for their India team despite the California team being the sole users. They also illegally download 3D models and use them without the creator's permission. Bottom line most of the people there are wholly incompetent and don’t care about their employees.

HubSpot, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You will be surrounded by men and women and seem to genuinely care about you. I've never felt uncomfortable about my gender in any of the offices, and the company is aware that they need to do more to promote women to leadership roles. The culture surrounding gender diversity is pretty good, but other forms of diversity leave a little be desired (i.e. race, ethnicity, age).

I can only speak toward the flexibility within the Support department, which is pretty good with notice. We are given unlimited days off and sometimes you're able to take days on short notice, but other times you need to know weeks in advance. Since support works based on the expected call/web volume from customers, it's difficult to be flexible on short notice.

L.A. Care Health Plan Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Could be an ok place to work depending on the department and position. Chief leadership is good, middle management terrible.

Stampin' Up! Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a good ol boys club. They'll let you have time off the. Hold it over your head all in the name of agile and FaceTime is critical.

Make you use your vacation first then fmla is unpaid. Returning with zero vacation time.

Worcester Polytechnic Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Math department is usually good compared to others on campus. There are still some professors who are a bit sexist, though.

Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a company that prides itself on moving a changing but it treats employees like they are servants from the medieval age. No benefits unless you can negotiate your way into a favorable position to get enough hours to be considered full time. The turn over on their full time employees is ridiculous though. Once you are full time you are expected to give up home and family to be at there beckon call. Ownership is largely male Dominated so make sure you know how to play golf and are pretty, otherwise you won't fit the culture.

Kyruus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Having worked in the tech industry for nearly 10 years, I can say with great confidence that Kyruus is a bit of a "unicorn" company for women with a passion for technology. The company is over 50% female, with an absolutely inspiring female co-founder. Generally speaking, the company has a "no jerks" hiring policy, and it really shows - I have found the culture to be incredibly supportive, with what seems to be equal access to growth opportunities. In fact, the first person ever promoted to a manager role in engineering is a woman. The senior leadership team is 75% male (6 women out of 24), so we still have a ways to go there, but we're doing better than most tech joints. I have no first-hand experience with maternity leave, but a manager who recently came back from maternity leave was promoted shortly after returning - which sends a great message to women considering starting a family. It does not seem to be something that sets you back professionally, as I've encountered in other companies, which - at least personally - really increases my long-term commitment to the company. Bottom line: in an industry where it often feels like you have to be twice as good to get half as far, Kyruus has managed to create a really welcoming and supportive environment where I feel respected and confident about growth opportunities.

ARES Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While there are a fair number of women at the company (though my office, which is small, consists of only me and one part-time female engineer), the upper echelons of the company are an old boys' club, and nepotism is rampant. There is only one woman in a non-corporate (i.e. engineering) management role that I'm aware of. And, as might be expected, maternity leave consists of "save up your vacation or take unpaid leave." I don't believe women are deliberately or obviously mistreated, but actions speak louder than words, and the culture says it all. That being said, the company is incredibly demanding of both men and women and quite cheap when it comes to benefits in general (just general time off, no sick days vs. vacation vs. whatever), so in most cases it is equal opportunity less-than-awesomeness.