CoffeeGirl

GEICO has a no telecommuting policy, very strict attendance policies, and zero paid maternity leave (I had two children whilst there and had to use all of my saved vacation time first, then I went on leave without pay; this then means no paid vacation days after your back until you accrue again). It's an environment filled with negative vibes and people.

WNY mommy

Na

DoingMyBest

If you check all the boxes and follow their rules you will get promoted- but it is easier if you don't have a family or are not trying to start one.

I have not yet but the fact that is such a poor policy has greatly affected my timeline for having children. I keep waiting it out hoping that it will get with the times and become a more competitive employer.
Merit based company so there are levels of advancement for women and transparent pay. But- very poor maternity and paternity policies, especially if you both work for the company. Poor vacation/sick and work-life balance benefits. Because they are open 24/7 (including holidays) they don't compensate for the amount of vacation time an associate who may work nights or weekends may need to use to maintain proper work/life balance. The work/life balance considerations are purely that there are 1st, 2nd, 3rd shifts nothing more.
lookingfornewjob

It's a standard US job that must offer federal and state benefits but does not go above and beyond that at all.

Because my husband and I work at the same company, we only qualify for 12 weeks unpaid FMLA combined. He took 2 weeks of vacation to bond.
It's a standard US job, but I would not recommend it as more and more US companies offer parental leave. GEICO offers the minimum benefits required by federal and state law.
Lady Bennett

Senior management takes male analysts to go golfing and it's very much a boy's club. The way to get promoted is to get in with the higher up male managers but they don't include women, or take them seriously. My director would rate female coworkers by their breast size on golf outings with other male coworkers.

If you're not looking for a challenge and just want to collect a paycheck then yes.
Lady anon1074 Attorney, Legal

The only paid portion of your leave is any accrued sick and vacation time. You MUST use the accrued time. Upon returning to work you have zero vacation and zero sick time. It take 6 weeks to accrue 1 vacation day. Also, it's 8 weeks leave for vaginal birth 12 weeks for cesarian. It's an ok place to work only because of the hours and possible flex hours but they are very big on punching the clock. They value how strictly their requirements are followed over the quality of the work. They prefer robots.

Benefits and hours are good but work isn't challenging and pay is subpar.
Lady JoJo Service/Internet

I work at the fredericksburg, VA. location. Its so hard to adjust/change your shift. I have tried numerous times, and my boss wouldn't let me. They told me it was my performance. I later found out other people were given the opportunity to change shifts, whose numbers were well below mine. One had his shift change because of his dog! FAVORTISM rules here! We did have a female vp and female managers. Almost all were replaced by men. The new male VP doest even talk to you, unless you are a manager. He will walk right by you without uttering a word. A simple greeting like "Hello or Good Morning" would be nice.

Lady west1 Agent, Service

if you are energetic and willing to play the game and work very hard you will go far....it is not for the sensitive type

Lady anon323 Supervisor, Claims

Terrible when it comes to maternity leave.

Depends on the stage of their life that they are in.
Lady dreadasent15 CLAIMS REP, CLAIMS

Be prepared to be a competitor, if you're not comfortable working in a fast pace environment, performance-base in order to be promoted, meeting margins and so forth then this is not for you.

Women Review Geico for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Geico by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 22 reviews Company Website CoffeeGirl WNY mommy DoingMyBest lookingfornewjob Lady Bennett Lady anon1074 Lady JoJo Lady west1 Lady anon323 Lady dreadasent15