General Mills, Inc. http://www.generalmills.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about General Mills, Inc.?
Mbamama

They mean well but are not as progressive in their policies and benefits as they once were.

If you have less than 5 yrs of service the mat leave policy is 2 full weeks paid and 4 weeks at 60%
Madam lifer Engineer, Manufacturing

Woman in the field are treated fairly and equally - but working in the field is completely different than corporate. You will work nights, weekends and be on call. In can create a bit of chaos for young moms!

depends on where they are in their life
Madam Betty

Negotiate your salary coming in, and be relentless. Know the realistic career path for your field. Some career paths allow you to climb multiple levels in a couple years (sales), while others (ITQ) bolt you down for set terms and there's no hope of being promoted until you've put in your time, no matter the results you've produced. Also, joining as anything less than a level 12 is basically career suicide; you'll work twice as hard as some above you for half the pay and still only have an equal chance of winning the lottery to even be considered for the move to become a "career" employee (level 12).

Depends on which career field. R&D is dead-end no matter your talent, sales and marketing are golden tickets.
Madam Gatsby Sales Manager, Sales

Worked here over 10 years. Great company, but leadership is stuck in its ways, making for a challenging and frustrating work environment at times.

Many great women, but different game for wimen
Lady coloradogrl IMC Manager, Small Planet Foods

The company is very family friendly. Benefits are GREAT, and there is a lot of emphasis on balance. No questions were ever asked if I needed to leave for my kids.

Lady Soul

I've worked here for less than 5 years. The culture for women is far better here than the employer I left, but it is still discouraging to see women's careers plateau. In a recent round of promotions, all of the promotions went to men, and women were given more work without promotions. This might be an anomaly or just a coincidence but I found it very disheartening. Maternity leave could also be improved, only 2 weeks at full pay.

Lady Discernment

Lady hendricks28 Marketing Communications Planner, Central Marketing Organization

My experience is in the marketing function at GMI - I have witnessed women at all levels of the function in leadership, manager, and support roles. For this reason, I am always surprised GMI does not offer better maternity leave benefits. I attribute this to the fact that there is a daycare onsite, so the aim is to provide resources to get women back to work sooner.

Women Review General Mills, Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of General Mills, Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 8 reviews Company Website Mbamama Madam lifer Madam Betty Madam Gatsby Lady coloradogrl Lady Soul Lady Discernment Lady hendricks28