General Motors http://www.gm.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about General Motors?
anon2679 Software Engineer, Product

Do not work here! I was the only female in my DIVISION. Work-life balance doesn't exist (my manager used to have a spread-sheet where he kept track of who took time off and when). Maternity leave is too short (1 month paid). Compensation is also very low.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews
coco

My department offers great work life balance. I have the flexibility to work from home and adjust my hours. This has been a great benefit for my family and allows me to be both a mother and have a career.

7 weeks @ 50%
anon2535 Operations

Excellent flexibility to take care of family needs, 14 days PTO to begin with and 19 after the first year, lots of opportunities for training, growth, promotions and movement within the company

Happiness101

Leadership is aware and things are moving in the right direction

Come prepared to be challenged daily intellectually on your abilities and professionalism. This is a review of GM Financial.

Currently there are departments that are more saturated the women than with men and vise versa in others.
cargal Engineer

Work schedule is flexible, and family time is valued. Women in leadership is rising more and more every year.

im.tatis

Although I know the pay on some of the higher positions is still unequal, everything else is very fair for both men and women (in my experience).

funkyfairy IT Project Manager, IT

GM has great pay, great benefits, and generous holidays, but still there are shockingly few women at or above director level (at least in IT) and ZERO minority women that I have come across at that level for a company where the CEO is a butt-kicking woman.

Lady Hello1118 Assembly, Pre trim

Very busy

Lady anon1227 Millwright, Maintenance

This job is physically very demanding. On top of being injured many times, I was subjected to multiple cases of sexual harassment. This went on for 28 years in varying degrees. I was harassed by coworkers, and members of management. I takes several years to learn how to avoid this, and how to respond to this behavior.

Good pay, some good employees, terrible bosses!

Women Review General Motors for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of General Motors by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 21 reviews Company Website anon2679 coco anon2535 Happiness101 anon2536 cargal im.tatis funkyfairy Lady Hello1118 Lady anon1227