General Motors http://www.gm.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about General Motors?
Lady anon1214 Design release engineer, Powers and signal distribution

Good

Anonymous - 7343 General Supervisor, Material

Good opportunities for women.

good opportunity for women but not alot of women in my field. many men will challenge your abilities here

Madam Y

I've worked at various departments for 7+ years. Some groups are male dominated and very inexperienced in issues such as maternity leave simply from lack of encountering it. Others are very diverse with family friendly policies. I think you have to take control of your route through the company to take you to the groups that are of most advantage to you at your stage in life, and if you find yourself unable to do so (ex. request for dept. transfer is blocked by manager) then it's time to sharpen the resume for interviewing elsewhere. Don't get stranded. It's the sort of place where you can blink and have spent more than 5 years in a department.

Depends on the department, some are better than others. If you are in the "others", you need to leave or try to transfer ASAP
balance Girl

Ask for what you want. If you are a strong performer in a progressive group, they will bend over backward to keep you with long maternity leaves and flex time when you return but you are the one who has to present a win-win solution.

Lady passionate lady Program Lead, Sales and Marketing

Be Aggresive

Lady Nana Senior Supervisor, Paint

It's a dog eat dog world

Lady jenskeivik

I'm in a technical management role, and I have found the environment very friendly to all. I have women reporting to me (a first for me in 7 years of technical leadership) as well as several female peers in management. Work life balance is probably the best I have ever seen, and I have worked at several other Fortune 500 companies.

It is very hard for a woman on the floor supervising, it is still a man's world and women are subpar. The treatment of women on the floor is horrible by the hourly and management.

Sweet Girl

Women are not necessarily good to other women.

Women Review General Motors for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of General Motors by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 21 reviews Company Website Lady anon1214 Lady anon928 Madam Y balance Girl Lady passionate lady Lady Nana Lady jenskeivik Lady anon1123 Sweet Girl