Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at GenSpring Family Offices to join us.

Lord Abbett & Co Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

There are probably parts of the firm that this does not apply to.

Sienna Senior Living Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Our executive team has more women then men. Our leadership team empowers women in the workplace

La Plata Family Centers Coalition Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Do not do it. Do not even consider it! You will hate it.

This organization wants employees to perform the work of three people! Impossible.

AIPAC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a good place to work, and the pay for a non-profit is great. However, it is not very family friendly in my department. It also seems to be a harder place for women to rise up the ranks.

Enterprise Engineering Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The firms is focused on areas that are high growth in the Financial Industry currently; therefore, the work is interesting. However, the hours are long and while there is flexibility, there are deadlines for client deliverables. Women who join the firm have to be comfortable in a high energy, direct, environment and willing to play multiple roles across the firm.

Genscript Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Gender balance is pretty good among all departments, but upper management is predominantly men. Many women have taken 6-12 week maternity leaves or intermittent or month-long family medical leaves to take care of sick children or parents; men have taken shorter (2-4 weeks) parental leaves. There does not seem to be any penalty for it other than the financial hit as there is little paid leave, though HR is helpful with filing for NJ FML and STD leave. Health insurance benefits are pretty good. Gender seems less a potential basis for discrimination in promotions than lack of fluency in Chinese.

Viator Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

IREX Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company now offers 2 weeks paid parental leave, but most leave is taken as disability. I worked at the company for 2 years, then got pregnant. At first I received support from my supervisor, then he just seemed angry. It was very difficult time after I returned from leave. Because I am at a satellite office overseas, I was very isolated from the rest of the culture and support at the company. I think the company is generally very supportive of pregnant women, FMLA time, and the transition back to work, but it did not trickle down to the satellite office that I worked in. I was not allowed the flexibility I needed when my daughter was 4 months old, even though I was working at least 10+ hours a day exhausting myself to get certain projects ready. I am now pregnant again and making sure I involve the home office as much as possible, to try to avoid how harsh it was to return last time.

Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at the Santa Clarita location and for this department for over two years. When I initially began working at this location I was excited that I would be working for management that included a lot of women as I assumed that this would entail support for their staff in all matters from work to home obligations such as personal and maternity leave, etc. Unfortunately, these were not women that were empowering to other women and instead focused on negatively belittling their support staff and this adversely affected the work environment and impacted the well being and productivity of their female staff. Taking time off was frowned upon and negatively documented and petty personal attacks, gossip and other non work related personal issues between senior staff and newer staff were fostered and enabled by management. Senior staff would create a hostile environment for the junior staff by accepting the claims of the senior staff without researching said claims. These claims were taken for face value without proper justification, documentation or cause. This created an stressful work environment and created hostility between workers which made it difficult for women to transfer, advance to higher paying positions or to promote to other positions within LA County in general regardless of the department. This was absolutely one of the worst locations and departments that I have ever worked for. I would not recommend this place for any ambitious or intelligent women to work at or any reason. The only reason to work here is if you enjoy drama, have a petty high school clique mentality, have no ambition to promote or transfer and would like to stay in the same redundant position doing the same thing until retirement all while under the scrutiny of unhappy women who project their misery onto their staff.

St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

It's preschool teaching so the pay isn't great especially without a degree, but the staff is almost all female and highly supportive of each other. Most of the women who work there have at least one child and work there because their child can be in school while they work.