George Fox University

www.georgefox.edu/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at George Fox University to join us.

Nuance Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The benefits are good and they do allow some flex time. It is hard to truly disconnect and get an uninterrupted vacation unless you go someplace with no cell phone or internet. I am always checking email when taking a day off.

RSM US LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

On paper they advocate for women but in practice it's the same old. Primarily men are partners and women who work less because of family aren't taken as seriously.

Texas Woman's University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Understand not only the overall culture, but the team and supervisor you are working with.

Even though flex scheduling policies are in place, it depends on the function of your position and how your supervisor or the leader of your unit/department decides to implement them. Overall, culture is leaning into work-life balance, but it is not a given in all circumstances.

They don't offer anything over required FMLA

Chicago Tribune Media Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Make sure you have or gain the expertise you need to succeed quickly, and you have a boss who values it. BTW, make sure at the outset the boss/management/culture of your immediate workplace within the company is something you can deal with, because the compensation will never be adequate enough for you to justify working in a less than hospitable workplace.

Why does it always come down to maternity leave? There are other reasons having to do with family healthcare and associated critical situations that are requiring more working women of various age groups to take leave--- and too many companies either don't have pro isions for it, won't work to retain talent through it or won't obligate themselves to implement ethical policies or federal state or local laws with regard to paid sick time, ST disability or FMLA. If there is no union to represent you, you are out of luck and out of pocket.

Metal Flowers Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are not family friendly

Calvin Klein Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at Calvin Klein for many years, always in administrative support. Men are in most of the leadership positions. HR holds up the one or two women in upper management as examples of equality. But on the executive floor, the only women are in support roles. Most women never go higher than VP. Any woman applying for a position at this company should know what industry standard compensation is for the position, she will have to negotiate for a better salary than the minimum. Maternity leave is better than some - 6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section paid leave, plus up to 12 weeks unpaid leave (per Family Medical Leave Act when I went on maternity leave). If you are a nursing mother and need to pump, the facilities are sub-par. The one available room in the building I worked in was an unfinished closet with barely enough room for a chair and a small table. There are now new offices in a different building and the room available to pump is much nicer with a couch and a window. I do not believe there is more than one, I hope this has been updated. My manager while I was a nursing mother called me into their office to discuss the time I was away from my desk and to remind me that any time I spent pumping breast milk was not personal time, so I shouldn't treat it as such. The benefits are solid and most of the people are professional and pretty wonderful. That being said, it was always my feeling based on numerous incidents that institutionalized sexism was rampant in spite of any women in Manager, Director and VP positions.

DynCorp International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very male, top down, ex-military culture. Executive leadership turnover is frequent. Our division is extremely diverse in gender and ethnicity, which does promote good considerations. Business objects shift quick, and we in support are constantly trying to put out fires and leaving no time for our major initiates within a 40 hour week. I am compensated well, but that is because in in technology. My salary is good for a 40 hour work week, but I don't work 40 hours /week! If I were paid for all the after hours effort, my comp would be off the charts.

Dominion Resources Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Paid leave comes from your accumulated sick time, but you can only use 6 weeks of sick time for maternity leave. After that you have to use vacation time or go without pay. While the business itself is very male dominated, the male managers I've had during maternity times have been very supportive. Depending on the departments there is opportunities for flexible schedules to accommodate family life.

Sidley Austin LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Disorganization is rampant, but the benefits are amazing. My work life balance isn't great as an hourly support staff, but here is what is awesome: * 5 weeks paid time off for all staff (and you accrue more as your tenure increases) * great health insurance - PPO in Illinois covers 90% of our IVF treatments The actual work is tough because while the lawyers will support your department with money, the leadership is a bit lacking and so things are very disjointed. I couldn't recommend this firm right now because I lose a lot of sleep from unnecessary work stress, but I do hope it could improve. For now I'm sticking around to try to have a baby. I hope to one day know what the maternity coverage is like (I have heard for hourly staff it's 2 months paid plus whatever PTO you want to tack onto the end--not too shabby--but I cannot confirm). Bonuses are low and so are raises (got under 3% last year after multiple lawyers reached out to the CMO to commend my work). Only been here a year, so not sure about how fast or slow they are to promote.

MTS Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Fratty culture throughout