Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at George Koch Sons, LLC to join us.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Indeed Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The all white, male senior leadership team is discouraging for women. The "President's" secretary is a former lingerie model. They hired one woman for our senior leadership team who is the worst representation of a woman in business. She's posts trashy photos on social media, dresses risqué and loves booze.

Avnet, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Tons of opportunity for career growth/development. Added flexible time away and paid family leave this year.

Aronson Mayefsky & Sloan LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't. It's an excellent firm at the top of its field, but there is no genuine opportunity for advancement to equity partner, even though one of the existing equity partners is female.

Provide female attorneys with the same support for business generation activities as they do male attorneys.

Coach, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

September 2016

In the year and a half I was employed at Coach, my job responsibilites changed several times switching due to a "brand transformation". At one point I was planning both full price and outlet channels which was very difficult to adjust to and was given minimal support by management to be successful. My area went from 4 planners to 1 planner plus a part time temp, but workload remained the same. Quite a few managers and directors were promoted because of favortism. The company also does group layoffs every few years to boost operating margin. Work hours vary by division. Full price retail works 9-5 and leaving earlier, while Outlet hours are longer, more like 8:30-6:30 with long nights (past 8 pm during a buy or reforecasting cycle). Allocation stays much later across both channels. Overall, the planning team skews young so few women have children. The ones that do struggle with work life balance.

Syzygy Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The organization is extremely lacking in leadership, and in general is not a positive environment for women.

It is a hostile work environment to women, due to management and the client.

Blank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Growing number of women in higher positions, supportive. Firm has women's group.

Loyola Marymount University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

LMU has no maternity leave; you must use what is offered by the state of California with no monetary assistance from the university. Eliminated abortion coverage from healthcare insurance policy.

OutboundEngine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.7

See previous comments. Again - great startup environment, fun culture, more women being hired than previously, but mostly in lower level roles and not in leadership, which is all men. The company is generally not successful at nurturing its existing talent (for either gender), so pretty moderate turnover. With that being said, it's a good place to start a career or develop your skills, if you are willing to get paid less than what you would at other companies for the same job. The PTO is decent and the health insurance plans are fantastic. Though I didn't take any, maternity leave I believe is up to 12 weeks, and 8 weeks paid at 60% (not positive on this though).

Grainger Industrial Supply Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

One of the best things about working at Grainger is their commitment to flexibility. I have a very flexible schedule and can manage a demanding and rewarding career along with a family and personal goals thanks to this flexibility. Senior leadership can be male dominated and that can make it difficult to network up, but it is possible to break into those circles as a woman. The male to female ratio at the director level and above in eCommerce is about 1:10. While I would like to see more females in at leadership in our organization at Grainger, I have the utmost respect for our male leaders and feel that they do what they can to seek out and represent the female voice. If anything, there might be more opportunity for me as a female to advance in my department because Grainger is so committed to diversity and recognizes the unique voice of women. I will point out that there are very senior female leaders in many other parts of the Grainger organization (outside Ecommerce) and they are committed to helping women through out the organization and often serve as coaches and mentors. There is also a women's business resource group that is sponsored by female leaders and hosts many events throughout the year for women and men.