George's Burgers

www.georgeburgers.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at George's Burgers to join us.

ChildFund International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Challenging environment. Not very good learning opportunities. Poor human resources processes.

Provide better training to management

Vinfen Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Generous parental leave for people with tenure, generous benefits if you utilize them!

Haribhakti & Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Pl look for a better opportunity in another company.

Part of the subsidiaries do not get Maternity leave at all. So one finds that female employees leave the organisation.

Improve work-life balance; salaries not paid on time; gaps & delay in renewal of medical insurance; increments unfair (paltry sums) & not paid for full year (partly swindled); full & final settlements of ex employees not promptly settled- delay causing severe grief which could lead to taking legal action against the company.

Apple Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.9

My advice for women interested in this company is to try to come in at a level where you will be satisfied and if you get an opportunity to move up, it's just icing on the cake. If you come in at the bottom, you will be hard pressed to ever have an opportunity to move up. Many come here to take advantage of the good healthcare benefits. There is not a lot of work-life balance because of pressure constantly put on you by management. Many say they are so exhausted when they get off work that they cannot enjoy their days off and the battles at work bleed into personal relationships. It is a very authoritarian structure that doesn’t allow for much “thinking outside of the box” among the lower levels. They basically want you to be robotic drones who just take orders. They ask for feedback, but whether anything real and truly meaningful is done with that feedback is another story. I find management to be abrasive, combative, and dwelling in a long line within the ranks of “yes” men & women. It’s not a place where you can truly be creative and outstanding and feel like you have accomplished something. I’ve stopped talking because they don’t want to hear any voices but their own. These are the new "Masters of the Universe,” or so they believe. With that kind of hubris, you’ll be lucky to see much change.

There are relatively few women at this company in leadership roles, and they cannot possibly relate to those way down the line within the lower ranks who barely get by on minimal wages, who are overlooked time and again when opportunities arise, who are constantly pestered because they went out of the way to provide good customer service, but it caused a metric or two to fall out of line. Those who do sit at higher levels, based on my more than five years of experience at the company, don’t do very much to help women below them, who have a significant amount of experience and education that is highly transferrable, move up and into more appropriate roles within the organization. There is talk, but little action. It was even suggested that this may not be the right company for me by a more senior person who joined the organization a few years after I began. Well it certainly is a bureaucracy without a doubt. In some roles, there are up to 10 layers of management between the worker and the CEO. I can’t help but wonder if women at this company tend not to help other women because there are so few opportunities for women in general in key roles where one can grow and their compensation with grow as well, that they fear they could be displaced. My father always told me that women don't help each other and the longer I live, the more I find this to be true. There is too much jealousy. You really have to know your playground, and toiling in lower-level work, working under a string of managers who have less education and experience than you is only going to leave you feeling trapped. I have to say I am extremely disappointed by what I have seen and experienced at this company. I don't hold out a whole lot of hope for it to change in a meaningful way. There is a lot of incompetency and jealousy within the rank and file and it's not a place where I can see myself spending much more time. For a company that carries an outward appearance of seeming to be so perfect and put together, there are a lot of skeletons in the closet. Age discrimination seems to be a huge problem at this company; if you are over 30, you may have a difficult time unless you have a sponsor. This company really caters to the youth.

Virginia Tech Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While this was once a very male dominated employer, in the past 15 years things have changed dramatically.

Exhale Enterprises, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run by women. not maternity leave. no flex hours. no bonus or raise

Jan van Eyck Academie Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is one of those places that there is a lot of freedom while the pressure is little. So although it seems amazing, it is prompt to the danger of being neutral, nonsatisfactory, and potentially discriminatory if you do not take action. Although the infrastructure and history is male-oriented, Christian, and white (which makes it prompt to many shady areas) you do have the freedom to speak out and be welcomed.

Saleshood Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There's a general sense of respect that goes across cultures and genders. A very unique work place dynamic that's very positive.

Concho Resources Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

The gender gap here is closer than at smaller companies in this industry but there is still plenty of room to improve.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

I took 12 weeks of paid maternity leave which is considered medical leave by my employer.

TCS Education System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have formed very close bonds with the women I work with, as do other women in other departments. As a whole, it is very difficult to move up and grow. Politics are often so it can be a very frustrating place to work. Maternity benefits are poor and I see a lot of women unhappy when they return from leave.