Giant Bomb www.giantbomb.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Giant Bomb?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Giant Bomb to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Time Inc.

62%say women are treated fairly
11/16/16, 6:43 AM

Things can work out, but the flexibility within the company is a little off right now. Definitely not somewhere I'd recommend if you're going to need time off in the near future.

Maybe. I would recommend going back to TimeInc, but I specifically had a female employer who felt threatened by other women and made life hard for people all around her.

10/31/16, 3:01 AM

It's difficult to move up the chain and if you have a quiet demeanor that is seen as negative

NBCUniversal

44%say women are treated fairly
8/28/16, 12:47 PM

Coming from another leading company in the media industry, it was refreshing to see how open NBC was--I feel like I can speak my mind and be supported, they have many different opportunities for learning, networking, expanding your skills, and they embrace diversity. From my experience in negotiating my salary, I still think the gender pay wage gap exists here though. While HR wasn't willing to expand upon whether or not NBC is working to close this, they worked with me so that I was satisfied with my final compensation package.

Chicago Tribune Media Group

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
8/24/16, 10:17 AM

Make sure you have or gain the expertise you need to succeed quickly, and you have a boss who values it. BTW, make sure at the outset the boss/management/culture of your immediate workplace within the company is something you can deal with, because the compensation will never be adequate enough for you to justify working in a less than hospitable workplace.

Why does it always come down to maternity leave? There are other reasons having to do with family healthcare and associated critical situations that are requiring more working women of various age groups to take leave--- and too many companies either don't have pro isions for it, won't work to retain talent through it or won't obligate themselves to implement ethical policies or federal state or local laws with regard to paid sick time, ST disability or FMLA. If there is no union to represent you, you are out of luck and out of pocket.
Maybe. So much of employee performance, produ tion and policy decisions are not managed at the higher corporate levels where standsrds and accountability are more seriously paid attention to. Too much of what decides an employee's fate or fortune is punted back to a direct supervisor or unit manager-- and heaven help you if that boss has a personal agenda and is free to micro manage you within their own set of rules.

8/21/16, 2:32 PM

I love my job 95% of the time...sometimes it's stressful, but I can continuously reframe my attitudes and perspectives for my own balance and success. This is a review of a Disney Store

8/21/16, 12:04 PM

There are upsides to working for TWDC like their benefits, flexible hours, and perks - but there is also a double standard for men and women when it comes to career mobility, and one must have a lot of patience and be willing to work twice as hard for half the recognition. You must be able to speak up for yourself and have a willingness to ask for what you believe you deserve, sometimes twice or three times, and really stay on them to deliver. Finding a mentor, or an executive that you trust that will also repeatedly go to bat for you is crucial for your success - if it happens to be a man, all the better. There is definitely a 'good ole' boys' culture to a certain degree. And know that HR reps are in place to protect the company more so than they are there to protect you.

Maybe. Depending on their line of work, and their willingness to work twice as hard for half the recognition. There are upsides to working for TWDC, but there is also a double standard for men and women when it comes to career mobility, and one must have a lot of patience. This is a review of The Disney Music Group

Meredith Corporation

100%say women are treated fairly
40% would recommend
8/10/16, 2:14 PM

Maybe. Great opportunities if you're willing to prioritize your professional life over your personal life, but those who want balance will have to look elsewhere.

Time Inc.

62%say women are treated fairly
8/7/16, 11:25 AM

We have women in leadership positions but not enough. They are looking for a bit of a cookie cutter type of person. Not enough room for cultural differences

Opportunities for promotion

NBCUniversal

44%say women are treated fairly
8/4/16, 2:21 PM

Very women-heavy in entry- and mid-level positions but very male dominant at the top still. In my current role, my hourly pay rate is non-negotiable so I don't have to worry about being paid less than a man, but I am not sure how that changes once one becomes salaried and pay is up for negotiation. That said, many older women on my team have been very pleased with the paid maternity leave policy - several were on leave SIMULTANEOUSLY and their roles were temporarily backfilled and guaranteed upon their return, One was even promoted just before her leave, and barely had time to start her new role before taking the time off - great to see she was still promoted and that didn't influence the decision.

Discovery Communications

50%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
8/3/16, 10:29 AM

It is a good company to work for if you are a woman and if you have kids but the salary could be better

Not for Pay, Hiring