anonymous123456 Software Engineer, Engineering

Pretty great as a full-time employee. I've heard less positive reviews from TVCs.

LearningLady

The employee population is young, therefore not very family-oriented. You will not see many benefits for working parents. There is also a lack of diversity, and as a woman of color, I never felt comfortable in this environment.

Improve the performance review process. There is not much support, when your role is not a good match, and you have communication issues with your manager.
anon1684 Analyst

Don't just take the benefits, fight for the higher salary becuase the promotion process can be a frustrating blackhole where you are painted into a corner

Great benefits and parental leave
Integr8tor5000

Google is a wonderful place to work, but it is critical to set boundaries and stick to them. There will be people who work from 4a to midnight. If that is not your style, make sure to set expectations and be excellent at your job.

You have to know what you want and do due diligence to make sure this job offers it to you.
Lady Doglover

Depending on your manager and team, the hours can be pretty flexible. Work/life balance can be achieved as long as you maintain your boundaries.

workerbee Head Of Industry, Sales

There is a definite bias towards men being promoted and in senior leadership position vs. women. I'm in the sales org and I also find there is an unconscious bias that favors men.

Even though they have great policies , culture and all, it's still very male dominated in the top management. Many of the initiatives around diversity are just a check inte box and doesn't mean anything really.

Lady jellineck Staff Software Engineer, Engineering

There is no monolithic workplace culture at Google; by far, biggest determinant of your experience is your immediate team. I am lucky enough to have found a fantastic, supportive team that values work/life balance and diversity. My A+ ratings reflect my personal experience. I have heard many different (and similar) stories from women on other teams, though, and I know that my experience is not universal. My advice to a woman starting at Google is to assess your project options in terms of team culture and know that this will hugely affect your work experience.

Lady anon1057 Supply Chain Management

It is very male dominated but there are lots of support groups for women and opportunities to network.

It's ok. Kinda meh.

Women Review Google for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Google by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.8 stars, based on 92 reviews Company Website Anonymous - 11314 Anonymous - 9947 Anonymous - 9507 Anonymous - 9055 Anonymous - 8079 Anonymous - 7990 Anonymous - 7582 Anonymous - 7219 Anonymous - 7120 Anonymous - 6671