Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at GrantTree to join us.

Ashwood Gifts Ltd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

Personally I would suggest most people, let alone women, to avoid working at this organisation. Ashwood Gifts Ltd is run by a family of Christians from the Plymouth Brethren/Exclusive Brethren community, who are very insular as part of their core nature. Research the PBs before accepting a position in this organisation to check that you know what you're letting yourself in for. At the time I worked there, three women worked in the same office as me. The co-founder's sister showed plenty of signs of being unhappy; her aunt seemed to have resigned herself to being seen as a lesser person; one of the warehouse workers was the designated 'tea-lady'. Outside of the office I physically worked in there was also the younger co-founder's wife, with whom I had a limited amount of contact, who did not respond to my efforts to say hello and introduce myself but was very quick to point out any mistakes I made. Regarding mistakes, I started the job feeling confident that I would do well, however I received minimal training. At first I took this to mean that I was doing a good job, but later it became apparent that most of the workers in the office did not want to interact with me (as I said, the Plymouth Brethren are worth researching before you commit to a job like this. Notably, PBs tend to discourage one-another from talking to non-PBs. This extended to training me properly). There is more that I could say here. This workplace offers a budget for free lunches but refuse to sit with you at lunchtime; they are overall very sensitive to anything even vaguely approaching colourful language; communication within the organisation leaves a lot to be desired (especially for outsiders like me. I once received an Instant Message between two of Ashwood's family members talking negatively about me, and I although I reported this to the co-founders, the reaction and any kind of satisfying resolution was very much lacking. Plus, when I handed my notice in, I waited for the co-founder to inform the rest of the team. When this was not mentioned in any group email or team huddle I asked when he was going to announce my leaving to the group. He told me he already had. I'd simply been left out of it).

To say that they are a little bit flexible is technically true but admittedly unhelpful: my working contract stated that I must dress modestly and was disallowed from wearing trousers. Since I feel more comfortable in trousers I asked, when I joined, to wear them and they accepted this. However, I am sure that I have already hinted enough that there are serious core issues with the way this company views and treats women, and I believe these need to be addressed but are unlikely to be. In addition, despite my job being administrative and the industry the company traded in being fairly full of late-starters (many of our customers opened at 10 or 11am, and even then seasonally,), the co-founders' religious beliefs supported starting work very early in the morning. My initial contract was for me to start work at 7am. Due to circumstances at home I was unable to accept a start quite so early so re-contracted for 7.30am. They accepted this. It may also be worth noting that this company had me working for as many hours as they could. Just because I started at 7.30am it didn't mean I got to leave early. I left a while ago but my leaving time was 5.30pm.

Eliminate the negative impact of the founders' religious beliefs about women, which currently lessen the prospects of women in this workplace.

Gilead Sciences, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

It's the Bay Area, so it's just a huge rat race of young hyper competitive people who don't really care about work-life balance yet. Most of the people at this company are younger than 40.

National Louis University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Don't let them use your maternity leave or the fact that you have children against you.

Your vacation days are used in maternity leave. Therefore, those days are paid. Once you run out of days, your maternity leave benefits kick in and pay a very small amount for either four weeks for vaginal birth or six weeks for c-section. I had one week of vacation saved and a c-section. Maternity leave pay covered five weeks.

Taking maternity leave should not be counted against women in their reviews and raises.

MEC Global Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Some great senior female leaders and a real push to be more supportive and fair to working parents. A few women I know weren't able to do a 3 day week as they wanted, but by and large it seems pretty flexible. Some good senior female role models).

Susanville Indian Rancheria Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Working for an Indian tribe has a lot of drama

KaitKat Creative Social Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great team of women entrepreneurs who want to make a difference in the world.

Studio Gaia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Small, boutique office with a great vibe. Very personable and mature adults work here - great, fun atmosphere but very hard working. Everyone is treated equally.

You can leave early or take a day with no questions asked. Of course its courtesy to give a reasoning but don't feel you have to go into a story about why you need to leave early, a simple "doctor's appointment" or "family in town" reason will do.

Kronos Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Speak up and stand up for yourself but if you're in the field and not main HQ there's a 50/50 chance it might work against you.

In terms of protocol, the field offices are run independently from the main HQ in Chelmsford. It would be AWESOME if the field offices had the same protocol as the main HQ office. Main takeaway: not all offices are created equal. Best office to work in would be the main HQ.

Bain Capital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Good place to work--nice normal people who work hard and respect each other.

CNBC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Old boys club