Handy & Harman LTD. www.handyharman.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Handy & Harman LTD.?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Handy & Harman LTD. to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Honeywell International Inc.

2.6
6%say women are treated fairly
13% would recommend
2/15/17, 7:52 PM

Honeywell is a challenging place to work for anyone seeking worklife balance, male or female. The culture and leadership is primarily male, and there are no prevelant diversity networks or efforts to create a flexible work environment.

Schott North America

0%say women are treated fairly
100% would not recommend
2/4/17, 6:48 PM

Solid company but there is a glass ceiling that affects senior level positions. There is a focus on a culture change but it wont happy for probably another 7 years. Most leaders are white, male, and german.

11/20/16, 11:23 PM

3m is what you make it. The culture rewards people who carve their own path, so don't expect anyone else to manage your career for you. As a full-time working mother, I think their maternity leave policies (6 weeks, nothing official for dads) are far below average. Flex time is also not standard policy, and must be negotiated individually with your manager (and is often not approved). Most executives are male with stay at home wives, and just don't get the realities of two working parents. For a company that insists on hiring only those with Master's degrees and PhD's in many disciplines (meaning older recruits in prime child bearing years), their policies toward families are woefully antiquated.

No paternity leave here. When you go on unpaid maternity leave, you do not accrue for years of service. So after two kids, my official start date with the company is 4 months later than when I actually began working here.

9/22/16, 9:18 PM

My lab is still male dominated, but the culture is very supportive of women. I see lots of women in leadership positions who are greatly respected by everybody.

give me full time job - I am currently a contractor

5/18/16, 5:15 PM

Most deparatments are very flexible. 3M Corporate has a flex policy to help people with their personal lives. I have rarely had to work overimte.

Upper management does not less to the people doing the work or their direct managers. 3M Corporate doesn't allow the 3M HIS division to function autonomously.

WestRock Company

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
5/13/16, 7:54 PM

Ask questions about work life balance, hours and flex work opps directly to the person that you will report to. Managers have different policies and then company leaves a lot of these decisions up to the manager - including maternity leave. HR is not very strong and does not offer direct guidance to employees. HR works for the managers not the employees.

Maybe. Matters in department and boss. Policy can differ throughout the company.

Eaton Corporation

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
5/9/16, 4:33 PM

They created a pumping room when I was pregnant and would be needing a space other than the bathroom to pump. I work in a mostly male facility, so it had never been requested before.

100% pay for 6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section. Runs concurrently with FMLA's allotted 12 weeks (any additional over 6/8 weeks is unpaid).

Danaher Corporation

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
4/24/16, 1:53 PM

For men or women: establish your boundaries or others will do it for you.

4/18/16, 12:19 AM

N/A

Maybe. Great work environment but poor maternity leave and not enough women leaders.

4/7/16, 12:48 AM

This is a very supportive company.