Hartford Financial Services Group http://www.thehartford.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Hartford Financial Services Group?
Fairyboss1

This company has flex policies that are blessed by HR, but are left at the discretion of the manager. So if you can get a sense of your manager's philosophy on flex schedules or working from home, that is most likely what you will be subject to. Also note that the leave policies for maternity have been getting more restrictive over the past few years. The company is reducing everything to the state minimum for FMLA. Pay during STD varies based on your tenure.

Depends on area they are applying to.

They claim to supper a work life balance but in a predominantly male run company there is not very much concern for real life when it doesn't benefit this company.

Madam Jungle IT

The Hartford prides itself on being an ethical and fair company and I truly feel that my experience there has been no exception .I have held two different types of management roles within the IT organization, and have had two children in the past three years. The remote work situation is fair and flexible (although I am sure that at some level it depends on your manager) both leading up to having the baby and also once you return from maternity leave. The atmosphere is extremely supportive - I have never felt judged or pressured (other than the pressure that I put on myself) in my decision making process. In fact, upon returning from my first maternity leave, I was promoted within six months. There are several woman leaders in my organization with children, who are always supportive and wonderful to talk to/get feedback from. My only criticism on the maternity leave itself is that it is actually short term disability. The company gives you six weeks (8 with a c-section) with either 80% or 100% pay depending on your years of service (I believe that with 5 years of service, you will get 100% pay). Starting January 1st, 2016 - The Hartford will also be offering 2 weeks of 100% paid parental leave on top of the short term disability - which shows an effort on their part to be competitive in the workplace. I call this a criticism because I would always like more - but I do believe that this is pretty darn good based on what I know about competitors and other companies. To summarize – I am sure that experiences at The Hartford vary by person or by manager, but in general it is a fair, kind, and ethical place to work that supports women. The benefits are fair and somewhat competitive – but I would always push for more!

Lady Insurance Gal Sales, Sales

There are women in middle and upper management. Women are generally given the same opportunities as men. The maternity policy could use some work. Nothing is paid outside of STD, if you qualify, and there is a week long waiting period so you must use your PTO for the first week.

Lady Ames Claim Analyst

This company touts itself as "most ethical" yet they are far from it. They place hourly level work onto the salaried employees to avoid paying overtime. Then salaried employees end up working 50+ hours per week. No work life balance. Job titles are constantly changing resulting in labor law violations.

m Girl Underwriting Manager

There are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, taking a full maternity leave and trying to have a work-life balance after returning from leave will derail career advancement.

Women Review Hartford Financial Services Group for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Hartford Financial Services Group by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 6 reviews Company Website Fairyboss1 anon1299 Madam Jungle Lady Insurance Gal Lady Ames m Girl