HelloWorld

www.helloworld.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at HelloWorld to join us.

Nexgen Packaging Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexible employer but maternity benefits are poor. Company doesn't offer paid maternity leave.

Cengage Learning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

12 weeks of paid leave, but there are hardly any women leaders.

Intuit Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

In general, this company is great for women. But there are pockets that aren't as much. Also, the recent trend towards more technical product managers and push to "all-in" workers definitely has hurt the gender ratios.

There was more flexibility to work remotely in the past. It seems looked down on now. It would be great if the company offered more part time positions -- those are non existent.

They recently expanded mat leave from 2 weeks to 6 weeks parental leave. This is in addition to disability and California PDL, but is still embarrassingly low compared to other tech companies.

New Dimensions In Technology, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very collaborative very woman directed. Company is owned and run by a female CEO

had my children before I joined

create a more global presence

Mount Rogers Community Services Board Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Many of the employees (including higher-ups) are women. Women are treated fairly, and if you qualify, you can always apply for internal promotions. Promotions are not simply given, you must apply for them. They will encourage those who qualify to try for promotions. Higher-ups are expected to have a Bachelors degree or Masters degree in Human Services related fields.

They will work with part-time people (which is called "Sub-Relief"). Sub-relief employees work around 28 hours a week. Everyone at my facility has to work at least one 12-hour shift each week. Full time employees have less ability to work flexible hours, though you can ask to only work during certain shifts-but you are expected to work that entire shift unless you have to leave for an emergency. If no one can be found to work for you in the case of an emergency (or needing to leave early for any reason), you will not be permitted to leave.

Willis Towers Watson's OneExchange Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not only is Willis Towers Watson One Exchange a good place for women, it is a good place for "senion" (age 45+) job-seekers, as they value the experience of those individuals.

This has been seasonal employment, which I would love to see become permanent employment.

State Street Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.9

November 2016

I think most personality thpes can find a place here, but you might have to do some searching along the career "lattice," as State Street likes to call it.

FSG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

I believe that FSG is a special place to work; people are highly intelligent, brilliant thinkers, and truly believe in using their skills to make a difference in the world. Generally, I think that the firm tries and very badly wants to value women and diversity. However, in my experience, it is still a company that is highly wed to a traditional consulting model making it very difficult to actually live this value. Rarely, during my tenure, did I see the organization able to move outside its traditional model; instead employees were generally required to conform to that model. For those employees that were not able or willing to find a place within that model they usually ended up leaving. This usually included young mothers and racial minorities. Also, opportunities for women to find strong mentors varied. Some offices had senior women that acted as mentors and support, however the office I predominantly worked out of had no senior female leaders. Only after leaving did I realize how profoundly different my experience might have been had I had a strong mentor or support to guide me. Finally, I think the firm still has a lot of work to do when thinking about working mothers. I left the firm once I started a family because the model was just unsustainable for me despite a reduced schedule. FSG is the most intense place to work that I have ever experienced (more so than the for profit strategy firm I worked for prior to FSG). People are typical type A strategy consultants but are motivated more by having an impact and less by pay. This leads to a culture where the work is never enough--you can always have more impact. Impact is an acceptable motivation to put before your family. This culture meant that it was very difficult for me to step back on a reduced schedule; to me it felt like the expectations never changed. I continually felt like I was under-performing at my job and under-performing with my family. On a tactical level, firm provides 6 weeks of maternity leave and also provides 6 weeks of paternity leave to men; women can also take additional unpaid time off. 6 weeks is just not realistic for working mothers particularity for a firm that hopes to be cutting edge on diversity and women's issues. It's forward thinking to provide paternity leave, but the policy implies to me that somehow men bear the same level of responsibility when it comes to giving birth-- which when when you are only given six weeks is really what you are still recovering from. This policy also puts women who are the primary breadwinner or who have fewer family resources at a distinct disadvantage over those that can afford to take unpaid time off and properly recover from the impact of bearing a child.

Thoughtspot Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've only worked a few months at this startup. Out of roughly 100 employees, about 20% are women. Upper management is all male, and most hail from the same, elite school (IIT -- Indian Institute of Technology). There are literally only 2 women on the Engineering Team of 50. Most of the women here are in Sales or Marketing. All promotions so far seem to have only gone to the men. We are still young so it is not too late for us to diversify our pool of talent. I haven't experienced outright discrimination (though most discrimination these days seems to be subtle), and my female manager is awesome and values my opinions.

LivePerson Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

January 2015

I've recently started with this company. It's my first large and global company so I wasn't sure what to expect. To my surprise, the people here are incredibly helpful. But you do have to make the effort to reach out and when you do everyone is super responsive. There are a few groups forming based on who people work with, but everyone is super welcoming and there's very little drama. Most of the leadership positions are male, but I don't see a huge gender gap yet. Everyone really appreciates hard work, regardless of gender and encourages self lead projects.