Inside Sales Rep

Sales

Great place to work. Wish there was more feedback from management on work performance.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Keep looking for another job. If you’re female this company is extremely difficult.

Eliminate the good old boy mentality of hiring and promoting their buddies. Stop protecting men with serious problems like blatant alcoholism.

It seems like HPE supports a lot of good things on paper but in reality, there isn't much flexibility or gender diversity in leadership, especially at senior/executive levels.

Technically you can adjust your hours to drop off/pick up kids but it seems like there is an undercurrent of it being frowned upon. We are also told we need to be in the office daily...working from home is not something HPE supports.

When I took new parent leave, HPE only offered 5 days of paid leave. I took the rest unpaid. Since then they expanded it to 10 days which (in my opinion) is still not even close to enough.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. HPE has a focus on diversity and inclusion (employee resource groups for women, minorities, etc.) However, looking at our highest levels of leadership, there is a lack of female representation. Further, HPE doesn't offer the flexibility to work when/where we want which traditionally benefits women the most in balancing their roles as employees/wives/moms/community members, etc. In addition, new parent leave is only ten days. If you want more, you have to use unpaid FMLA.

Ask questions about the things you need during the interview so that both sides can clearly evaluate whether or not it is a good fit with that specific team. Once you're in, HR is not much help if things don't work out the way you'd like.

Flexibility depends on the team, and also the position you hold. Certain positions are highly discouraged from taking time off when needed.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. Certain teams treat women well, but it is definitely not a company-wide culture. Job satisfaction will definitely depend on the team.

You won't take a lunch, a break, a breath without getting a stare down from your manager. You will hear bad things about your peers and know the same is happening about you. If you need time to take for personal reasons, expect to explain in full and have it held against you. Leave of absence for anything, including having a baby will land you on a 'list' that equals layoff soon.

They do not practice what they preach. Wellness, mental health, work-life balance, financial fitness are all buzz words and programs that exist. However, you don't get the chance to stop working long enough to actually take advantage of any of them. If you do, you are WFR'd quickly.

Software Development Manager

IT

Flexible , promotes work life balance , encourage diversity , Not a big pay master .

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Tech is male-dominated, but the times are changing. HPE is trying to grow out of its huge history as HP with an antiquated culture, and into a company that brands itself as an employer of choice. We'll see if they are able to do it. If they do not, the smarter tech firms will beat them, because women will take an equal share of the future.

standard 6 weeks for regular; 8 weeks for c-section

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Great opportunity to learn and career advancement certainly exists, but you may not advance as quickly as your male peers.

Work-Life balance can be hard to achieve. Depending on your role, morning/evening/weekend hours for meetings and fire-drills may be the norm.

Engineering

Maternity leave in the US is buried under policies and legal jargon. I was lead to believe I had a full 26 weeks of paid leave for my first child. Sadly, I was called THE DAY BEFORE I had to return to work indicating that my maternity leave had ended. To add insult to injury, the company sent me a rectal thermometer the same week as a 'gift' for my newborn. Theyre archaic, lack innovation, and I strongly discourage young women in the industry to not EVER consider coming to this company. Its where jobs, careers, and talent go to die.

They will lie to you and say you have 100% pay up to 6 weeks and weeks 7-26 are at 70% of your pay. They will tell you to talk to their claims administrator, for more details. She will simply repeat that first sentence verbatim. You actually wont know how much time you are allowed off until AFTER you have your child and AFTER your doctor certifies the forms that she sends them. If youre unluckly like me, your HORRIBLE claims administrator will send these forms to your doctor 10 days before your 6 week prenatal followup appointment and then 3 days before your appointment they will call you and say that your uncomplicated vaginal delivery only warrants you 6 weeks of leave. They will also lie and say that HPE has this information documented, but when you call HPE HR to verify this information they will just send you back to administrator. I lost all faith in this company when I had less than 24 hours to find daycare for my child. I gave serious consideration to being a stay at home mom and SOBBED when I had to drop my baby off at daycare 20 weeks sooner than I had planned. Its heartbreaking to know that my daughter won't get to spend her first few months of life with her mommy....because HPE is too busy under-paying the 10 some odd women who are actually of child bearing age.

A positive work environment, where you can express freely your ideas and they are also taken into consideration.