Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at HighwirePR to join us.

CSX Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Progress made over the past 10 years has reverted as a result of new management brought on by activist investor. It’s like we’ve stepped back in time to the 1960s.

Waste Connections Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Same as previous notes - be prepared to have Thick Skin and work alone as management is not always there to help.

You can get partial pay for the first 6 weeks on Short Tem Disability (full pay for whatever vacation is accured at time of leave) and then an additional 12 weeks "unpaid" but with pay as little as it currently is I haven't had an opportunity to save anything. I'll be forced to withdraw majority of my 401K to pay for bills for the additional 6 weeks I plan on taking off. Im taking a total of 12 weeks to be with our child and bond. Although I would love to take longer, I honestly don't feel safe about my position when I return and will try and work while on leave to make my management team understand my dedication and desire to work.

WestCoast Children's Clinic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

If you need maternity or paternity leave, it's good. The benefits are good and the pay is good for this kind of work. Hours do not leave much time for a real life. The agency has a history of letting male supservisors and bosses abuse and harass the lower ranking females that work in the agency and the agency views they person with the complaint as the problem. They don't do anything to look into or fix the actual issue until too many people stand up and complain. But then it's just that one problem. The issue still continues overall.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Most clinicians end up working over ten hours a day five days a week and some weekends. Though they can do some of this work from home.

Treat clinicians well and not like they are disposable, particularly if they complain about male bullying or otherwise harassing boss. Improve ability to be promoted if you are actually a good worker. Expand diversity in the agency. Most supervisors and people in power are white men.

Mubadala Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Although there is a lot of support across the company, some units are more female-friendly than others.

Lithia Motors, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If working in the office don't let yourself be pushed around by other staff

Fatherly Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The office is quite male dominated, but some women could thrive in this environment

United Talent Agency Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Although this is typically a business dominated by men, UTA is a female-friendly place to work. If you work hard, you can make your own hours as you make your way up the latter.

American Eagle Outfitters Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While the highest level of leadership is largely male, there are many females in the senior levels and down. Good work life balance.

More willing to evolve business practices

Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My prior job was at Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman and Dicker, a national law firm, where I worked for 2 years. Even though lip service was given to diversity, there are currently 7 women attorneys and 25 men attorneys in the office in a western U.S. city where I worked. The culture was male dominated, with all of the subtle and not so subtle characteristics that come with a traditional caste system. The office where I worked was originally formed by the merger of a male partner from one firm, along with his lackeys, and a male partner who left another firm, taking a large book of business and male and associates who were elevated to partner level at the new merged firm. During my time there, the heads of the two seminal groups were always at odds. After I left, one of the two original founding partners of the office was ousted. He is the partner who had hired me. He was replaced by a female partner, so things may have improved for the women lawyers, but I doubt it. During my tenure, the most powerful equity partner, who had not hired me, was a total bully who lacked communication skills. Other male attorneys cow-towed to him even while he was publicly mistreating female associates. The bully partner did not hesitate to berate female associates in public emails. Overall, there was a lack of leadership in the office. The firm has a 401K but no matching. About 180 hours billable per month were required, which is not terribly high but not as low as at some firms where I have worked. Overall, from a female perspective, the experience was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the male attorneys there.

Vimeo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

The team here at Vimeo is incredibly open-minded and helpful. I had a few individual points where a co-worker seemed to talk down to me, but it's just one person and he's a jerk. As a whole the front-end team has helped me feel comfortable learning on the job as opposed to feeling terrified that I don't know everything. The trust in this team is honestly like a fairytale, we're all in it together to make the best products. That to me is comforting as it lets me know that egos aren't building Vimeo, but being the best at what we do. Now, the female to male ratio in the engineering department is quite sad. I think this is due to the company wanting to hire more so based on referrals rather than grabbing someone from any place. There definitely needs to be more move to pursue hiring more women and the women on the team now have been discussing and pushing for methods to improve this with the help of our awesome HR team. Management at Vimeo is male dominated, but I don't see there being any barriers for female developers, not with the way our team currently stands. Personally I haven't taken maternity leave, so I have no insight on how it's received by the company. Overall I love it here, the company is growing at a fast pace, and I feel blessed to be apart of this growth. It let's me know that there are unknown position waiting to be created and a plethora of possibilities yet to be explored.