Hitachi Data Systems

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Hitachi Data Systems to join us.

Novelis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

January 2018

The R&D facility where I worked was such a great atmosphere, particularly for women. I actually felt like they acknowledged the intelligence of the women and respected their knowledge and authority.

Tripping Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

It's a very collaborative and respectful work environment where everyone has the opportunity to make an impact.

National Communications Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

That it's a place where women are not allowed to do the fun work that the males were able to. They were limited to sit in their dark office and write knowledge based articles for Microsoft on beta products. Not much advancement for women here.

Many people stayed busy by not going to the main office, so the field technicians would just sleep in a small phone or office room at one of the many buildings that Microsoft has in the Redmond/Puget Sound area. One lady would stop at a few stores on company time just because she knew she'd get away with it. I don't mean just to get a quick bite to eat. I mean going into Target to shop, stopping in and waiting for a salesman at Costco for her to upgrade he son's phone plan, and stopping in the nearest vape shop to get new product for her to smoke in the company vehicle.

They needed to give me work that allowed me to feel productive. I was told through the "grapevine" that I was only hired because I was a woman and they needed to fill that requirement. After time, that's how I felt. They lacked communications and people were literally reaching for work, but they were not happy. It was a very sad and negative environment. There was major pressure to "look busy" or they would lose their contract with Microsoft.

Nobel Learning Communities, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Lots of women work here. Lots of women in leadership roles

Shell United Kingdom Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A great company with very postiive attitude to women, only downside is don't expect to reach the top if you are an experienced hire, unless you have found a very senior sponsor early on.

Sandy Spring Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be very honest of your expectations before accepting position. What your future endeavors are could limit your satisfaction.

Covenant Trust Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a great work life balance. The company is striving towards making more policies in writing to reflect the work/life balance.

FSG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

I believe that FSG is a special place to work; people are highly intelligent, brilliant thinkers, and truly believe in using their skills to make a difference in the world. Generally, I think that the firm tries and very badly wants to value women and diversity. However, in my experience, it is still a company that is highly wed to a traditional consulting model making it very difficult to actually live this value. Rarely, during my tenure, did I see the organization able to move outside its traditional model; instead employees were generally required to conform to that model. For those employees that were not able or willing to find a place within that model they usually ended up leaving. This usually included young mothers and racial minorities. Also, opportunities for women to find strong mentors varied. Some offices had senior women that acted as mentors and support, however the office I predominantly worked out of had no senior female leaders. Only after leaving did I realize how profoundly different my experience might have been had I had a strong mentor or support to guide me. Finally, I think the firm still has a lot of work to do when thinking about working mothers. I left the firm once I started a family because the model was just unsustainable for me despite a reduced schedule. FSG is the most intense place to work that I have ever experienced (more so than the for profit strategy firm I worked for prior to FSG). People are typical type A strategy consultants but are motivated more by having an impact and less by pay. This leads to a culture where the work is never enough--you can always have more impact. Impact is an acceptable motivation to put before your family. This culture meant that it was very difficult for me to step back on a reduced schedule; to me it felt like the expectations never changed. I continually felt like I was under-performing at my job and under-performing with my family. On a tactical level, firm provides 6 weeks of maternity leave and also provides 6 weeks of paternity leave to men; women can also take additional unpaid time off. 6 weeks is just not realistic for working mothers particularity for a firm that hopes to be cutting edge on diversity and women's issues. It's forward thinking to provide paternity leave, but the policy implies to me that somehow men bear the same level of responsibility when it comes to giving birth-- which when when you are only given six weeks is really what you are still recovering from. This policy also puts women who are the primary breadwinner or who have fewer family resources at a distinct disadvantage over those that can afford to take unpaid time off and properly recover from the impact of bearing a child.

Loyola Marymount University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

LMU has no maternity leave; you must use what is offered by the state of California with no monetary assistance from the university. Eliminated abortion coverage from healthcare insurance policy.

Prezi Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

This company regularly starts and supports discussions about gender and racial diversity on its internal messaging platforms and has several programs to actively recruit and develop under-represented groups. That said, the company has yet to find a sustainable product engineering and delivery process that does not rely on the occasional "heroics" across all functional groups to get the job done. In my opinion, it's currently not the time or place to work if you want to start a family.