Honeybee Robotics

www.honeybeerobotics.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Honeybee Robotics to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

IBM Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

Overall a really Great company but expect a "good old boy network"

MKS Instruments Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is an old school industry, hard to get ahead as a woman.

Maybe. It is not a bad place to start. However do not expect any trough.

IBM Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

If you can, find a woman's team to work on. Reach out to other woman to mentor them and look for someone to mentor you. Take every opportunity you can for education. Do not ever sacrifice your family needs for them. They have a very short memory and will not appreciate it as a rule. If you're over the age of 50, start looking to jump to another company. If they offer you early retirement, consider taking it, and jumping to another job. The offer of early retirement always comes just before being laid off. Taking early retirement with its reduced hours and pay buys you time to find another job. Pour as much money into your 401K as you can up front. If you plan to leave, leave after the first of the year so you can get their matching.

The company used to be very flexible, but with doing away with remote working, they are far less flexible. Part of the issue is their insistence on monthly releases at all cost.s

They'd have to do more than one thing as they are treating older people and women who are older pretty horribly. Reinstate remote working. Increase compensation These are the too top ones. Promote more women into leadership positions. Stop downgrading defects so software is released on a monthly basis.

Maybe. For new college grads, yes. They have some great benefits - Dollar for dollar matching 401K, decent benefits. Some education depending upon the department. But most of the time, new hire candidates are male. Often, positions inside go to H1B male visa candidates who stay for 1-2 years and leave for a better position leaving us short-handed again. How well a woman is treated depends upon the department and manager. I have had some truly great managers, but sadly, with all of the re-orgs (reorganizations) my managers keep changing. If you are an older woman, avoid them. They have been systematically laying off everyone over the age of 50 to 55 including very high performers. This is to save money via both paychecks and health care. They also lay off employees who take Family Medical Leave after the three month period of not allowing lay-offs expires.

Intel Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

This is a company compromised with diversity, gender equality, flexibility and above all, a great place to work!

Dell Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

I think they can do a better job of creating an acceleration program for mid level employee move up to the ladder to higher job grades

it depends on who the manager is

increase more opportunities for job movement

Maybe. Still learning about Dell since we merged.

Plugable Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The founder is a sexist man masquerading as a progressive Bernie Sanders supporter, who thinks that a "salary secrecy office culture" is acceptable and legal in America (FYI, it has been illegal since 1930). He has made it clear to his employees that he hates HR and HR Managers, and instead of an HR Department Plugable has a neglected "Suggestions Box" that Bernie has failed to look at in several months. He also claims to have an "open door" policy, but when I told him that he and my direct manager were overwhelmed and should consider delegating more tasks to make things more efficient, he refused to acknowledge that him and my manager being overloaded is a serious problem for the company at large. I am partially the reason Bernie implemented a "Salary Secrecy" policy in the first place. I happen to have been friends with 3 people who worked there prior to ever knowing Plugable even existed, and I was married to my husband and dating him long before then too. So obviously, friends and spouses share salary info. Bernie didn't like this, especially because in the process of discussing it with my coworkers, we discovered that I was being paid about $5,000-$15,000 less than all of my male coworkers in the same title. Bernie also made a job listing for my position with a salary range, and my salary at the time (February 2017) was about $2,500 less than the minimum range posted for my position, which I had been working in for over a year at that point. Bernie eventually realized that it was a liability and gave me a pathetic $2,500 raise just to get me barely over the minimum salary and avoid a lawsuit. A week after my husband decided to "do the right thing" and tell his manager that he was looking for another job (mainly due to Bernie constantly telling him that he's "close to the cap" for his salary at Plugable), the Founder decided to terminate me without consulting with or even notifying my direct supervisor ahead of time. Bernie then confirmed with my direct supervisor afterwards that he was firing me now, because it would look less like retaliation against my husband if he did it BEFORE my husband left the company. Bernie began my surprise, retaliatory termination meeting with the statement, "It's tough when married couples work for the same company." My husband and I have worked for the same employer in the past, and we are completely professional. So he fired me because of the actions of my husband, and said nothing but positive things about my work ethic and skill-set during the termination to make things more confusing. He also denied me the right to work remotely from home in spite of my rights to accommodation provided through ADA, while he allowed multiple male coworkers of mine with the same job title and who were totally healthy to work remotely without issue. Bernie also attempted to deny my rights to an individual health insurance plan as an employee of Plugable, and attempted to convince our Benefits Coordinator that I didn't need my own policy because I could just pay to be an add-on with my husband's policy. Thankfully the Benefits Coordinator was a very straightforward woman and said, "No, she has a right to her own policy, because she's also an employee here". The fact that it needed to be said at all just shows how inherently misogynist the Founder is. If you have physical pain related health problems, Bernie thinks it's all in your head, especially if you're a woman. I happen to have multiple chronic pain conditions that have been diagnosed and treated by multiple doctors for the last 7 years. Bernie "gifted" me a book that essentially says, "Pain is just internal rage, and if you express your rage your pain will magically disappear". Every time I explained my physical pain conditions to Bernie he'd talk about how he "threw his problems at the mountain" and got stress relief from mountain climbing and exercise. That's great Bernie, but you can't throw rheumatoid arthritis or my winter episode of gastritis "at the mountain" and I've already been practicing yoga almost daily for years as a way of managing pain and stress. Try telling a disabled retiree with rheumatoid arthritis that they just need to do some mountain climbing and "express their internal rage" and their arthritis pain will be totally gone. Since I'm a 20-something, he probably doesn't believe I even have doctor established diagnoses. He also never asked for doctor's notes in spite of me going into the negative for sick time by over 60 hours. Another thing Bernie did is directly insult me because of my age. I was the second youngest employee at the company, and one day I emailed Bernie to clarify a company policy that hadn't been established yet. I told him that I asked my direct supervisor about it already in my email, and that it wasn't clear that a policy was already in place (Bernie hates putting company policies on paper, because then he can actually be held accountable for them, like remote work privileges and salary secrecy). Bernie responded with, "Asking me after you already asked your supervisor is like a child asking one parent for permission, getting a "no", then trying to ask the same thing of the other parent". So Bernie basically called me a child because I asked for clarification on a company policy, and then erroneously thinks that I went over my supervisor's head by asking Bernie directly, even though I told him in the email that the supervisor never gave me an answer. I found out from friends around the office that he's shown sexism towards basically every woman that has ever worked there. Of the 9 women he's hired into the company over the last 4 years, 4 of them were terminated by Bernie. Meanwhile, only 1 man was terminated in that same time span, in spite of a huge majority of men working there. Coincidence? Absolutely not. In summary, Bernie is an ageist, sexist, misogynist man with an ego the size of a planet, who now refuses to take any of his employees seriously (even the menfolk now too) and is watching as his Amazon empire slowly burns to the ground with all of the terrible decisions he's been making as a result of being overloaded. I don't recommend women, people with health problems, or men with opinions on business operations work at this company. Bernie has said he plans to sell Plugable someday, and hopefully the person he sells it to will be a more decent human being.

Not for Pay, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Employer offers flex time, but then tries to tell certain employees (myself included) that they're expected to be in the office by no later than 9am.

Cisco Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

They believe in family first. They encourage diversity and inclusion without it feeling like a forced HR initiative. They foster innovation and give you the tools to grow in your career.

Cisco Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

While it is a large company, everyone i have worked with is very supportive.

Intel Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

Great family benefits, but I have no kids so not applicable to me.

Ericsson Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.9

Very flexible work location and lots of autonomy to be able to get my work done.

I would like opportunity for more complex and challenging projects.