Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Hunter-McMain, Inc. to join us.

Celebrating Home Direct Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

This business has been closed due to the owners closing the business.

They’ve closed.

RGB Eye Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

Be cautious with what you allow from office administrator, once she thinks she can get away with anything, she does anything she wants.

It really all depends if you are in good graces with office administrator at time it is needed. If not, there is no wiggle room, if so she will bend over backwards to make it work.

Practice what she preaches and own her portion of the fails. We all make mistakes, but to always point it at others and then take credit for someone else’s hard work is insane. To not speak to an employee or just be mean because you are upset with them or they disagree with you is not professional. Do the same you expect your team to do, don’t continue to have “mean girl” and “abussive” behavior but scold publicly when someone emulates your behavior. When you have supervisors that are working hard to pull the team together and encourage everyone don’t down play them because they are encouraging the ones you don’t care for as well as the others.

Lumeris Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Can vary by department, but is really an old boys club. Just look at the board/senior team. Lots of unqualified men in leadership positions.

Ten Tables Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

I was treated very poorly. I always show up to work with a smile and upbeat, it has always been as asset of mine. But here I was treated with skepticism because of it and told by managers and the owner that, according to them, I am probably "on something." Because I seemed too happy. It was shocking. The times I made a mistake, which is normal to get things wrong at times, instead of showing me the "right" way, they would instead use it as an opportunity to put me down and question my experience altogether, and condescendingly say, "have you ever had any fine dining experience?" I am very well traveled, I am very educated, I mingle with and have worked with the elite of the elite, seamlessly. But they would take any opportunity to re-paint reality and put me down and take a jab at me. It is a very dysfunctional atmosphere. I think they purposely wanted me to feel lackluster. I lasted two months and I quit.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Managers in this company stand to gain personally and financially from their position. Rather than have limits of power and held to standards that would encourage equitable work distribution and fair employee treatment. It is a toxic work environment.

HR Knowledge, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Women make up the majority of the workforce here with over 70% of management being female as well.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

HealthStream Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The paid maternity leave is lacking, though at least they do offer 1 week.

United States Department of State Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

The benefits - free housing overseas, relative job security, meaningful work in interesting places, a pension after twenty years of service - are solid.

Go! Experience Design Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company is mostly made up of women and a lot of the other woman working there are clicky and can be backstabbing. They completely hated me after they found out i was preganant and treated me quite unfairly after that and I never was able to gain respect or be treated fairly after that again. I was just treated as old news. As if i could not get a job done anymore. It was awful!

CWCapital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No work/life balance.