Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Institute for Sustainable Communities to join us.

IQ Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

We are a community of doers and improvers. IQ Solutions offers a thriving environment with opportunities for our employees to make a difference by contributing their best thinking to solving challenging public health problems. We encourage employees to pursue their professional passions through idea generation, mentoring, and Strengths Finder programs. During the Onboarding process employees receive a copy of StrengthsFinder 2.0. At IQ Solutions, we are committed to success, which means building an organization shaped by our strengths. IQ Solutions' corporate training and employee engagement programs invites employees to share in the richness of our staff’s diversity not only on the job, but also at quarterly cultural celebrations that feature activities such as catered food tasting, poetry readings, and art expos. IQ Solutions' supports external trainings and encourages employees to participate in webinars and Foundational Knowledge Sessions. For example, "Outreach Targeting Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, and More" or "Hiring Individual's with Disabilities". Employees have access to IQ Smart, an online learning management system with lessons such as Diversity on the Job: Diversity and You. IQ Solutions is constantly working and experimenting with new technologies to solve challenging public health problems, while providing a flexible work environment.

Kia Motors Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are ambitious and hardworking and want to advance, take your talents elsewhere. The number of female VPs (zero now and zero in the company's history in the US) tells the whole story.

Flexibility depends almost completely on who your manager is. Some are totally reasonable. Others are not.

Improve the company's culture. Toxic describes the culture at the moment. Leadership (none of which are women) seem to believe that fear will motivate people to deliver the desired results.

Addepar Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Very female friendly and family friendly environment. The benefits and perks support women.

Flexible work schedules.

MidAmerica Basement Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't expect to work in a sales position - even with a sales background! Even though there are women in management positions, it is very much a "boys club" and women are expected to work in the office, while the men do the sales appointments and make the money. Also, if you're in a management position, don't expect to have a positive work-life balance. During "busy season" coming in before 7 and staying after 5 was the norm, although not encouraged because of overtime.

Not for Hiring

I had requested to take 8 weeks for maternity leave, but was asked if I would be able to take 6 (the minimum mandated by the state). We compromised on 7. FMLA does not apply because the company has less than 50 employees and the owner tends to keep it that way (There were 45 at the time I left). When I came back I was expecting my regular hours (8-5 pm), but was asked to come in 7-4 pm and was made to feel like there wasn't an option to say no. I ended up putting my notice in within days of returning.

DNA Connect Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Try it if you starting new work or trying to come back in workforce.

Washington State University Extension Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

An excellent employer. Within Extension, you're "out in the field" and you'll encounter bias and prejudice among those you serve the general public -- it is invaluable to have a County Director who advocates for all employees.

Take a closer look at parity between historically female-staffed departments (e.g., Youth and Family Program Unit of Extension) and those that have more male staff (e.g., Ag. and Natural Resources)

Compass Marketing, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

This is a male chauvinist environment, made evident by the lack of female leadership

I am about to take it (7 weeks left til due date)

New York City Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.6

NYC does not currently offer unionized employees paid parental leave. You must use accrued vacation/sick time. Official policies can be strict and very un-family friendly (no remote work officially permitted, alternate work schedule difficult, cannot work split shift, cannot easily switch between full-time and part-time employment). Some policies, however, are very family-friendly (35 hour work week, 12 days sick leave/yr which roll over and generous vacation leave).

Pet Supplies Plus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for one year and in that time there were two different managers. The first manager was a man who had good intentions but was very sexist and he at one point allowed a racist customer to verbally assault me and then proceeded to make me give her two free grooms. He is still with the company and has been given multiple promotions.

Law Office of Natalie Gregg Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

The attorneys are great, but there is favoritism and if you do not get along with someone or they don't like you you will be asked to leave. Also, if you do not have the ability to stay late all the time it's looked at as not doing your job. If you are willing to work all the time, and anytime that you are called you may work great in this company.