Intel Corporation http://www.intel.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Intel Corporation?

Don't act weak in any way. They will eat you alive.

Anonymous12

Great employer. Very diversity focused and supportive of women careers

Lots of layoffs and outsourcing lately but still great employer
anon1628 Principal Engineer

If you are non- tecnical you might find it satisfactory. For technical women bias and sexism are widely present

Technical work is interesting
IntelVegan

It's hard to get promoted, despite your gender. They respect if you have to leave due to child/family obligations, but they won't be super happy about it.

worklifebalance

Because Intel is a large company, spanning many geographies, a lot of your experience depends on your location, your manager, your department, etc. So, please keep that in mind as you read the reviews. My review is for the Hudson, MA site. First, the positives: Overall, Intel is definitely one of the better companies at which for women to work. There is flextime, which means that you can come in at 10 am after dropping off your kids at daycare, and then leave at 4:30 to pick them up, if needed. (And then log in after the kids are asleep to do the rest of your work). Or you can work from 6am-3PM or something like that. As long as you get your work done, they don't measure the hours. In general, women seem to be treated as equals. I never felt that people looked down on me or judged me just because I am a woman. (At my previous company, by contrast, this was not the case). Now, for the areas of improvement needed: I would like to see work/life balance factored into engineering schedules. As is common with a lot of engineering companies, the engineering schedules are very unrealistic, and there is a lot of pressure to meet deadlines. I had said that there is flextime, which is true. However, my standard joke is that "Intel does not measure the hours you work, as long as you put in your 60 hours." What I mean is that it feels like there is an expectation that you will work 60+ hours a week, nights, and weekends constantly. I would not mind if this were true once in awhile, but it seems to be all the time. It's not that they measure the hours you work, because they don't. It's more like you feel like you have to work all the time just to meet your deadlines, or respond to the latest "work emergency." You can push back on this to some degree, and I have. However, it seems to get harder to do so at the upper levels. Also, there is a big push from the corporate level to hire and retain women. They still have some work to do, of course, but at least they are trying. Overall, if you can prioritize, and push back to some degree on unrealistic expectations, this can be a good place to work.

They give you 2 months of bonding leave, which is paid, I think. On top of that, there are 4-6 weeks of recovery after you give birth: so a total of 3 months. I have seen people take this leave, including the guys.
I would like to see work/life balance factored into schedules. It seems like there is an expectation that you will work 60+ hours a week, nights, and weekends constantly. I would not mind if this were true once in awhile, but it seems to be all the time. You can push back on this to some degree, and I have, but it seems to get harder to do so at the upper levels.
StuffedGrapeleaf

Intel gives managers lots of authority, has very few formal policies about e.g. flexible working, so depending on manager many things are possible even if not strictly typical for the company.

It's a big company, extremely variable by group but, on the whole, has an "engineer looks like a dude" culture.
Anonymous - 7280 Engineer

Women are treated fairly

Lady anon1020 Technical Program Manager

Great opportunities for women at Intel, but women need to be willing to deal with growing pains of expanded diversity in what has not been a very diverse company in the past. Change happening... but not full buy in company-wide. Exciting technologies to work on. CEO has head and heart in the right place. Good vision for future.

Depends on Org, Management structure - change happening. Good time to be a woman at Intel.
Lady QueenBee Engineer, Security

I have been at Intel for over 2 years in engineering roles. As a young woman starting out her career - it has been very tough to fit in especially in the male dominated groups. Sometimes I feel like a fly on the wall. But if you have passion for what you are doing you can make it anywhere because that should outweigh every decision you make in your career. But not sure how much longer I can stay in the "boys club". I can't really express my creative self. And they will work you to death so be sure it is something that you love.

If you can handle the boy clubs then go for it.
Lady flower777

Big push recently to increase diversity.

Women Review Intel Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Intel Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 65 reviews Company Website Anonymous12 anon1628 IntelVegan worklifebalance StuffedGrapeleaf Lady anon1020 Lady QueenBee Lady flower777