Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at InTouch at Home to join us.

University of Texas Health Science Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Make sure you are clear on how your immediate supervisor feels regarding alternative work schedules. Some allow great flexibility. Some none.

No maternity specific leave. Must use vacation or sick or unpaid.

The decision to allow alternative schedules, while allowed and promoted by HR, is left up to each individual supervisor. If you end up with a progressive supervisor you are set. But not so if you end up working for an "old school" supervisor.

Abbott Vascular Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Expect long hours and no career development, unless you want to move to Santa Clara or Austin.

Flexibility is determined by direct manager. Some offices have very little flexibility due to leadership at the office.

Needs to offer career development and advancement opportunities for top performers, even if located in satellite offices.

Michael Baker International, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They have a great maternity leave policy for both women and men (paternity).

MphasiS Corp. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Mphasis is an equal opportunity employer, without gender biases, and is equally competitive for men and women.

US Army Garrison Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a great place to work and pay is great

Power Home Remodeling Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

The company is amazing and treats everyone very fairly. They are making a huge push to get more women into the company. Home Remodeling is viewed as a "Male dominated industry" therefore, you come across your fair share of skeptical homeowners that question your expertise. Power itself is extremely inclusive and they do a lot to bridge the gap between a male dominated industry and wanting strong women to excel there.

They just implemented a new maternity and paternity leave benefit.

Delta Dental of Minnesota Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very wonderful company that develops the team members and cares for their well-being. Has a quiet room set aside for nursing mothers, has a fitness center, wellness program (gives FitBits to all who join), great benefits!

Barnard College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

My primary complaint is that non-senior administrative and support staff are second class citizens to faculty and senior staff. We are not trusted, consulted, or communicated with on important matters. It's still a great place to work, a default feminist zone.

Anthem, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are not white, you will not be promoted (this review is for New York). Sexism and racism are entrenched here. Black managers are not visible which leads me to believe there are none in New York. I have only seen one (he is now deceased). The one black VP retired a few years ago. You will stay in the same position forever, train inexperienced, underqualified, and unethical people who will be promoted above your head while you stay in place, and be thwarted at every turn for personal advancement. You will be given the work of 2-3 people and be expected to complete all of it with no relief and no additional compensation. Nothing meaningful is being done to root out the sexism and racism in this company. They are talking about culture shaping, but that has had no impact in NY. After 20 years, I am so tired of this. I get excellent reviews each quarter, but I am held back. This is the case with all of the minorities in my department, not just black women, but all races, even white women. White women have the best chance for promotion, but all women experience discrimination here. Then, all of the small tokens of appreciation have been taken away from us. We "celebrate" customer appreciation week by getting thank you emails. In the past, we received gifts. When you work hard to exceed standards, instead of the monthly small bonus we used to receive, we now receive a CHANCE to win something. So your hard work will more than likely be unrewarded when it comes to these quarterly drawings. At least we have profit sharing on a quarterly basis, but I would rather have a fair chance for promotion to earn more money for my family. I'm so tired of people thinking I have a good job when I can barely afford the increases in my utilities because we have to work from home so the COMPANY can save money (let alone rent, food, etc.) We pay more for our health insurance than our customers. They have better plans than we do. We are the guinea pigs for their health coverage. Plus, we don't get the money-saving HMO anymore. Now, I have years worth of coinsurance and get bills from collections agencies because I cannot afford to pay for them. The pension plan was frozen, so mine is only earning interest, but there is a 401(k) plan with some matching. Vacation is earned with a maximum of 20 days. If you have 20 days in your vacation bank, you will not earn more until you use time. The dental plan is a joke and barely covers expenses. The vision plan is ok. They do help with educational expenses. They also reimburse you for health club expenses and your phone bill if you work from home. This is a good company for a woman who has a husband earns a lot of money. If you are a white woman, you will have a better chance to advance if you try to get along with the managers and directors.

Exxon Mobil Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

You will like this company if: you are ambitious, you enjoy being surrounded by intelligent similarly driven people, you enjoy science but are Okay to not be at he forefront of the next big discovery. You must handle stress well, the company puts you to the test endlessly.