Ivey Business School www.ivey.uwo.ca/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Ivey Business School?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Ivey Business School to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Georgia Southwestern State University

100% would recommend

This has been a great place to work during my time as a student.

University Of New Mexico

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend

UNM doesn't offer any paid leave. Employees must use accrued Annual Leave in conjunction with FMLA if they wish to be paid.

• 5

Maybe. Overall working here has been a decent experience. Recently I've been "talked to" about the way that I dress, even though my attire/style hasn't changed in the five years I've worked here. I suddenly feel singled out and a bit slut-shamed. So while I would recommend UNM as a whole, the Division of HR is not supportive of personal expression.

Walden University

0%say women are treated fairly
100% would not recommend

Stay away. This company has great benefits but is not at all family-friendly. There is little potential for promotion or a salary on par with male colleagues unless you enage in nepotism. This employer is good at undervaluing it's staff and letting their talents go to waste.

• 5

Academic Advising is the worst in terms of flexibility. Even though this is a completely online university and working remotely is sometimes possible, this department has described advising as an in office position. Student Support and Registrar have the most flexible working options. The overall culture is that taking time off for family is frowned upon and discouraged. Business needs of the company are the most important priority. If you have a manager who favors you, some level of flexibility is possible.

Columbia University

3.6
67%say women are treated fairly
83% would recommend

I work at the business school- and the culture tends towards throwing one another under the bus- and this seems particularity acute among women in the staff. The female faculty are more closely bonded, but have much more significant challenges to face because of their gender.

6 weeks of paid leave is granted.

• 5

Flexibility depends on where you work within the university. Some groups are great, and others awful. There isn't a firm, university-wide enforced policy. Also- huge difference between staff and faculty.

University of Pennsylvania

3.6
100% would recommend

The environment changes weekly/monthly. Many times it is a "hurry up and wait" situation. They value your opinion and are open to changes I suggested.

SUNY Empire State College

100% would not recommend

I would not tell anther woman about this employer unless they had a significant financial cushion or a rich husband who could subsidize them while they worked for peanuts. Of course, many adjuncts in America are in the same position.

• 5

As an adjunct professor, I am chronically underpaid and never compensated appropriately for doing the same work as tenured faculty. I receive no benefits including health, vacation, or sick pay, nor am I eligible for unemployment benefits.

Boston University

67%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend

It is a great place to work with awsome people and opportunities to learn

Grand Rapids Community College

100% would recommend

There have been a number of women in high level positions at this college. I do believe that GRCC tries to hire the best person for the job regardless of gender. There is a method to give preference to internal employees for open positions which can make it hard to hire the best person for the job. I feel comfortable working here as a woman.

There is no paid time for maternity leave. You are able to use FMLA, and required to exhaust your sick leave bank. Then it is up to you as to whether or not you want to use paid vacation time. This is grossly unfair as it leaves you with potentially no paid time off once you return to take care of doctor's appointments, any potential sickness your or your family may have in the future or take a vacation.

• 5

There is no work from home policy, yet many individuals in some departments do have a work from home agreement. It is not fair that we can't figure out a way to give more flexibility to everyone on the staff side of the college.

Rutgers University

2.8
50%say women are treated fairly
50% would recommend

It depends on the department and your boss on how happy you will be balancing work/life.

Your paid maternity is your vacation days and sick days combined.

Temple University

2.3
33%say women are treated fairly
33% would recommend

Experiences vary by department. Entire campus could benefit from bias training.

Facebook