J.C. Penney Company, Inc. http://www.jcpenney.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about J.C. Penney Company, Inc.?
Lady anon67 Sales Associate, Jewelry

Each store varies greatly and what is comes down to is the general manager. At the store I worked at management was only males. The general manager, HR, sales manager, merchandiser, all men. the supervisors over each department however are mostly women. Proving that at JCP a women can be a department supervisor maybe not make it to a general manager though.

Lady mbs1101

Women fall into two camps- those that will help you and truly believe in supporting in each other and those that will eat you up the second that you make a mistake.

It's all in your manager's hands
Lady teacher Associate, Sales

I worked at JCPenney for probably two years after college while looking for a teaching job. I covered many different positions in a small store including the sales floor and unloading trucks. For the most part everything was good, my biggest problems were straight up management within the corporation. Those were a lot of the type of issue every major employer would have. What really irked me, though, was one of my coworkers who was a week away from giving birth on Black Friday. She was forced to do the same 7 hour and 6 hour shift as everyone else despite the fact that she could barely stand at times and her feet were about twice their normal size. Other coworkers and myself protested this and asked that our shifts be extended so that she wouldn't have to work this, but to no avail. She wasn't supposed to sit on the shift but we covered for her so she could sneak a rest every now and then. I understand that in order for them to keep things equal everyone has to work Black Friday, but the truth is equal isn't always fair. I also know that in other stores older ladies (including an 80 year old) were forced to do the same kind of shift. Overall I had a good experience at Penney's, but I feel that they need to look into how they treat their employees when there are extenuating factors such as being ready to give birth any day.

Depends on your circumstances in life at the time.
Lady Bernice11 Sales support/stock/, All

?

Lady coureamer Sales Associate, Home

I feel like both, men and women, are represented well within my department.

Lady bm1965 Customer Service Associate

I worked there for around 3 years and I loved it, they treat everyone the same and it seemed more like a family than work associates. I would recommend this company to anyone!! I had to have surgery and they gave me the time I needed to recovery and always made sure I was doing ok and was not over doing it when I came back. Great place to work!!

Lady krenb56 Window/furniture expert, Home

You are just a number. You are expected to carry the load of 3-4 employees so the company can save money. No recognition for job well done unless you are the store managers favorite. Meaning, young, cute and blonde.

Lady flutterby

The store I work in has a lot of women,young, and we all work well together, but none of the "good ol boys club",work the nights or weekends

Lady sally Cashier, Home

you get treated great if you get credit apps.

Lady Cpric4 IT Specialists, ITSD

No comment.

Women Review J.C. Penney Company, Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of J.C. Penney Company, Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.9 stars, based on 11 reviews Company Website Lady anon67 Lady mbs1101 Lady teacher Lady Bernice11 Lady coureamer Lady bm1965 Lady krenb56 Lady flutterby Lady sally Lady Cpric4