James Madison University

www.jmu.edu/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at James Madison University to join us.

British Dental Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You are still expected to work if you take time off. If you have kids, plan on working long hours, you are always expected to reply to email.

Ganado Unified School District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most of your coworkers will be women, but they do not go "above and beyond" for anyone. There is no daycare of any kind in the area.

It's a teaching job,so as with any job teaching, flexibility is naturally limited.

Paternity leave is non-existent. Maternity leave is the standard 12 weeks unpaid FMLA. If you've earned enough paid leave, you may use that to continue receiving paychecks.

Improve childcare amenities for non-native teachers.

Mednax Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Great place to work and fexable

Chandler-Gilbert Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked for CGCC and within the MCCCD for over 15 years. It was in many ways a great place to work - very nice people and an organizational mission that is clear and community-focused. Compensation is good but rigid - don't expect merit-based raises and the hiring/promotion process is lengthy and arduous. Benefits were amazing in the past; they are still good but employees are losing ground as we grapple with health insurance issue. Flex time policies are very archaic. Other than offering a 4 day week (10 hours a day) or slightly shifting start/end times, there's not many options for employees. Working from home is theoretically possible for some but very frowned upon. There is however great employment stability here - once you are "in the system", you can count on having that job to retirement.

GrubHub Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The benefits are wonderful.

I had a natural birth and STD paid me at 100% for 5 weeks, then GrubHub paid me at 100% for 2 weeks and I took an additional 5 weeks at zero pay totaling 12 weeks total. That is the maximum amount of time allowed by STD.

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very even male/female distribution. I felt well respected and that there were opportunities for career growth. My coworkers were all very passionate about their work! And I had some great female role models, which was refreshing for working in construction/facilities.

TCS Education System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have formed very close bonds with the women I work with, as do other women in other departments. As a whole, it is very difficult to move up and grow. Politics are often so it can be a very frustrating place to work. Maternity benefits are poor and I see a lot of women unhappy when they return from leave.

Generac Power Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very male oriented and conservative company. Women hold a majority of temporary and customer support and admin roles while men are typically promoted at a rate 3 times higher than women and hold most of the leadership positions. There is only one female on the executive team and that is the HR department executive. Sexual harassment is not taken seriously. There is no training or creating awareness by leadership or HR to help reduce or prevent sexual harassment or any other type of harassment. There are several cases of bosses sleeping with direct reports or roles that are affected by their leadership and HR does nothing, but instead lets the gossip and rumors run wild until the women are worn out enough to leave the company. Many of the executives that target women are repeat offenders and it's a 'joke' that everyone makes, but puts up with. Women make significantly less pay than males in the same roles. The few women that do manage to get into leadership roles are very competitive because the environment does not allow several women to be successful. I absolutely do not recommend this company to any woman with ethics or a need to be respected.

Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My prior job was at Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman and Dicker, a national law firm, where I worked for 2 years. Even though lip service was given to diversity, there are currently 7 women attorneys and 25 men attorneys in the office in a western U.S. city where I worked. The culture was male dominated, with all of the subtle and not so subtle characteristics that come with a traditional caste system. The office where I worked was originally formed by the merger of a male partner from one firm, along with his lackeys, and a male partner who left another firm, taking a large book of business and male and associates who were elevated to partner level at the new merged firm. During my time there, the heads of the two seminal groups were always at odds. After I left, one of the two original founding partners of the office was ousted. He is the partner who had hired me. He was replaced by a female partner, so things may have improved for the women lawyers, but I doubt it. During my tenure, the most powerful equity partner, who had not hired me, was a total bully who lacked communication skills. Other male attorneys cow-towed to him even while he was publicly mistreating female associates. The bully partner did not hesitate to berate female associates in public emails. Overall, there was a lack of leadership in the office. The firm has a 401K but no matching. About 180 hours billable per month were required, which is not terribly high but not as low as at some firms where I have worked. Overall, from a female perspective, the experience was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the male attorneys there.

Red Hat Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You will be expected to work long hours even if you have a family. The level of commitment is very high so you will work with passionate driven people. However, if you are looking for life balance and a challenging 40-50 hour week, they will expect and ask for much more.