Jessica Cosmetics

jessicacosmetics.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Jessica Cosmetics to join us.

Montgomery County, Maryland Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are generous leave and benefits. Lots of options for healthcare (HMO v POS), dental, eye, and insurance options. If you are pregnant you can get up to 4 months of maternity leave. Spouses can get 6 weeks of paternity leave & if you are adopting you can gt 6 weeks of maternity/paternity leave.

Depending on where you are, you can telework and have an AWS. My office has about 35 people and with the telework program just rolled out, we can telework upto two days per week. There is also the option of an alternative work schedule (AWS) during the low intensity work times. However there are periods in the year when it is expected to work late and on the weekend.

Priceline Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Negotiate your value up front when you're first hired because a raise is highly unlikely.

Water.org Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This mission-focused organization treats talent equally regardless of gender. However, we currently employ more women than men.

Development Plan w/ tuition assistance to prepare for a leadership position.

HCSS Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I really like the culture the only down side is that they don't offer paid maternity leave.

Work hours are very flexible

Rolling Stone Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Before I say anything else I want to be clear that I did really love working here and did really enjoy my job. But I also want to make it clear that it is extremely difficult for women to break into editorial jobs at the magazine. During my many years there, there were only two female editors. And neither were ever given an office. It's a very male-dominated culture, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Again, I worked with some extremely talented people, and on a day-to-day basis I was usually very happy. But I would say to any woman considering working there: Go in with your eyes open. Get experience, put the name on your resume, and then move on. As for work/life balance, there is very little. The hours are long (as is standard for publishing), and there is no flexibilty with hours or working offsite (although the online department may offer some ability to work from home, not sure).

The company offered 12 weeks maternity leave, but only seven weeks were paid. Six weeks of those seven were paid as part of short-term disability leave (though they were paid at full salary). Since there is a week before disability pay kicks in, they use a weeks' worth of your (10) sick days to cover the first week of your leave. If you had to stop working early, they would take that time out of your 12 weeks. (To be fair, although that is the actual policy, they did let me work from home the week leading up to my due date.) You can also choose to use your vacation days as part of your leave, although you will not receive that pay until you return to work.

Chuck E. Cheese's Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is no difference in being male or female working here

Lego Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The maternity leave is amazing. Up to 6 months leave with full pay for 3 of them. There is a transition plan for coming back to work as well. We have great lactation rooms throughout campus that have nice lighting, comfy seating and can ONLY be used for lactation purposes. In general, LEGO truly values the work life balance and it is evident that family come first. I have a 10 month old daughter in daycare... The number of doctor appointments, working from home, sick days, etc since I've been back have been met with complete understanding by my manager and team.

Not for Pay, Hiring

American Academy Of Pediatrics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

16 weeks maternity leave and most of it can be taken paid if you have enough sick/vacation saved up. 6 weeks are given automatically and with 12 sick days a year and 18 vacation days after 5 years, it's possible to be able to take the full 16 weeks paid. However, if you've had to sick time to care for sick parents or you just haven't been with the organization long enough to save another 50 days of sick +vacation time, you are out of luck. It's frustrating when you work for an organization that is lobbying Congress for 12 weeks paid family leave for all new parents, that they don't give their employees the benefit that they think all parents should get.

William Wrigley Jr. Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A lot of amazing women here, but once you get past a certain level there are only a small handful. I do believe they are doing their best to change that. The Women's Networking possibilities here are amazing, LPGA training, NEW, unofficial events. At this point I think it's up to the women to keep pushing for what they deserve.

Crown Awards Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They treat men & women equally crappy here. Everyone is treated with suspicion and they are big on mind games; psychological warfare between departments. They are big into public shaming and intimidation and do little to motivate their employees aside from this, but want undying loyalty, compliancy and utter perfection in return. However, if you are good at brown-nosing, you may make their elitist list and be one of the select favored few who are allowed special privileges which are then promptly flaunted in front of the rest of the 'unworthy' majority. Oh yeah, they also make sport of spontaneously firing long-standing, hard-working employees without warning, as per the rules which change daily, or even within the time frame of before & after lunch break. Yeah, a really fair, upstanding bunch.