Johnson & Johnson http://www.jnj.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Johnson & Johnson?
Lady momof4girls Product Director, Marketing

I worked at J&J in pharmaceutical marketing for close to 12 years. Generally, women are treated great, and there are many female leaders and role models. That said, there is some variability depending on the specific role and team one is working for. I had some teams and bosses who were terrific. Then, in my most recent position, I had a terrible supervisor who expected her team to work above and beyond at all hours and was a micro manager. I left the company as a result. J&J just instituted a new maternity leave policy that is extremely generous and way above standard here in the US. From that perspective, I wish I still worked there!

Lady Luckyduck

Areas such as Finance, HR, Marketing and Quality seem to have fair representation in senior leadership and mid to upper management. Supply Chain and R&D have less women as Directors and above. This makes it hard for women to be in the "inner circles" and are less likely to be on the short list for promotional opportunities.

Lady alk258

I think women are treated fairly, though in the R&D and engineering type roles, the women are few and far between, making it hard to advance.

Lady AraCatastrofee Global Regulatory Affairs

Gender diversity is a big things at J&J, as is all diversity. Not only are women treated fairly, but many achieve executive leadership positions. I am a woman, whose boss is a woman, who in turn has a boss who is a woman. It is not until 3 levels up that I find the first man in my hierarchy. The best person, best educated, with the best experience will always get the job here at J&J. In the 6 years I have worked here, I have seen some truly amazing things. For example, paid maternity leave is paid at 100% of the employees salary, is not held against them, and was recently extended from 12 weeks to 17 weeks. The culture is not one of competition, but of collaboration. The management is focused on a coaching mentality rather than an "ordering" one. And, some of the most marginalized people in society, transgender women, are not only accepted and not discriminated against, but the company pays for their medical bills and paid time off for surgeries. All in all, J&J is an amazing place to work for any person, let alone women.

Lady lillyflower

I have been here for over a year, and there are a lot of women who work here in varying roles. There are women at Senior Supervisor level, but very few at Management and Senior Management levels.

Madam anon377 IT Senior Analyst, Enterprise Business Solutions

connect with other women WLI

Madam Goddess108 Various, Various

Seems more employees friendly than it is.

Women Review Johnson & Johnson for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Johnson & Johnson by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4.2 stars, based on 17 reviews Company Website Lady momof4girls Lady Luckyduck Lady alk258 Lady AraCatastrofee Lady lillyflower Madam anon377 Madam Goddess108