Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Jotun to join us.

UnityPoint Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Employer is great. Certain departments, ie. maintenance and IT, consist mainly of men. When a woman tries to enter the department she is subjected to a lot of sexism and get red-flagged if she says anything about it.

My department has a lot of flexibility when it comes to my family but it is majority men so there is a lot of sexism.

Beyond 20/20 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

he process I went through was an interview, then 2 scheduled days to observe for 2 hours, then a 1 month trial. The trial was 2 days a week for 9 hours so 18 hours a week. Everything was going well. I was staying passed the 2 hours and coming in early for observation. I was conversing/ helping with the staff and patients as if I were a part of the team and they showed appreciation to that. I made then made it to the 1 month trial. I bought my scrubs and began training (I was training for front desk AND as a Visual Therapist Assistant). The first two weeks I was really just observing and when there were no patients, I was independently studying. There were books and videos. I took notes and tested myself and did pretty well fairly quickly. Keep in mind, I was advised not to study at home, not to bring home reading materials, and even though they made me study the given material at work, I wasn’t allowed to do it like the materials taught me, they did things different. Very confusing, right? But I did it and even began to assist with patients that last day of that last week. Then week 3 came. I walked into the office and was immediately blamed for tools being left out and I didn’t do it. Of course because I was knew, I immediately was to blame. I voiced it was not me but I wouldn’t let it happen again. That was the first weird incident. I then noticed that I was being snapped at often and there was A LOT of nit-picking going on. At first I ignored it because they told me that the owner is very particular about things but once I began getting snapped at for stuff they told me I was allowed to do, I began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to keep a positive attitude and do what I was told because as they kept reminding me, I was not officially hired and a part of the staff (or their clique from what it seemed). That’s fine, I knew it was a test run. The second day of the 3rd week was bad too. They began to whisper a lot and go into rooms to do such while I tried to keep busy and be hands on. It was awkward. I didn’t take it personal until the 5th or 6th time. Then more nit-picking, more blaming, more discrediting me in front of patients and parents. I felt like a fool and I knew I was doing well so what was the problem?? They had this little agreement to park and walk out together in the parking lot after closing because we’re all women and it’s dark. Once I was told to leave ahead of everyone and walk alone, I knew something was wrong. I came back in for the 4th week with a smile on my face. I told myself to just keep doing what I was doing and be the best I can (because that was the advice that was given to me in the beginning by one of the workers who had say in my hiring). After the 2nd hour, I asked to speak to the Doctor about my progress and what I am doing right, and what can I do to be better. She then proceeded to tell me I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t taking initiative by grabbing the files and immediately working the patients. I was shocked. I was specifically told to ask before I do anything because they’re “Very particular” about what they do there and because I “wasn’t officially hired” yet. No feedback, no tips for improvement in the process, nothing. I literally walked in one day and everything was different. I wasn’t given a fair chance. She told me they don’t like to “push” people to do things, yet when I did try to take initiative, I was told I wasn’t allowed to do this or not allowed to do that. It was a set-up to fail. I was TRAINING to become the Visual Therapist ASSISTANT, NOT the VT and NOT the DR. I did very well despite the short time frame and unrealistic demands. Do I think that’s the real reason I wasn’t hired? I'm not sure. Makes no sense, I did very well, the children liked me, I have a great background and until week 3, they liked me too. They made me feel discouraged, spoke to me like I was dumb and did a TON of whispering. They weren’t helping me get the job, they were putting me down and reminding me I wasn’t a part of the team. I felt like I was trying out to be the cool kid of a high school. It was so stupid and a complete waste of time. I could go on for hours about the nonsense that went on there. I responded in a professional manner and left. No wonder they’ve been looking for someone to fill the position for so long. They don’t know how to train people. It’s a waste of time. You’ll be damned if you do, damned if you don’t trying to please everyone there. I believe they're good people but for your sake, Keep looking.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

You need to tell people that you're training how they're doing and how to improve. If you don't, you will always have a high turn-over rate and you will always be looking to hire someone. You can't hire people with no experience and expect them to do your job as a doctor within 2 weeks. Have a weekly meeting. Tell them what they're doing right and what needs improvement so they succeed. Also, stop continuously reminding them that they aren't officially hired. It is discouraging, unprofessional and tacky. And don't discredit them or blame them for things while patients are there. At the end of the day this just makes the company look bad with a different set of people working there each month, etc. Cut people some slack, give them the FULL 1 MONTH as spoken of, train them on what is done in the facility, not on what most Doctor's expect via text book then switch it up on them.

Subaru Canada, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This employer still has more opportunity to show women that they value their contributions by better supporting maternity leave/paternity leave for both men and women.

My employer will allow some flexibility within any accommodation rules within recommended government guidelines to prevent systemic discrimination. They are improving in this area for both men and women who need accommodations but sometimes I believe that the perception on those individuals are negative.

Ametek Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This culture is 70's/80's American core culture. Women are expected to be seen. not heard, no A type women will succeed here. The definition of good ole boy network. The executives still call women "girls" regularly.

It is dependent on business units

Automotive Resources International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The maternity leave is great. You now get 12 weeks at 100% pay. There are a number of female leaders.

In my department they don't allow you to use vacation time if you run out of sick time. You only get three sick days a year and two personal. If you use all five you get a verbal warning and then possibly written up.

At the time I only got 6 weeks at 66% pay from Liberty Mutual and 6 weeks at 66% pay from the state of NJ.

Oak Hill Advisors LP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Avila University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Prepare to sacrifice your life. You'll be expected to not bring new ideas and never express your opinion. Boss doesn't like being "one upped".

ACGME Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women in higher-up roles within the company, including several Senior Vice Presidents, so it is inspiring to a young woman. On the other hand we're in the medical industry, so most of the doctors that work with us are men which is disappointing to see. Also, the technical positions of the company are male dominated and many of those men have little respect for the women they work with. I have never taken maternity leave, but the women in the company that have are treated fairly and not judged by others in the company.

Pro-Youth HEART Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for a year, though there were a lot of women working there, they were not in positions of management. In general, it was a not a good work environment. There's a lot of bureaucracy and red tape you have to go through, if you want to improve anything. It was especially unnerving when I saw my superior get fired for speaking out against corruption within the organization. It's very cut-throat when it come to office politics.

OutboundEngine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.7

See previous comments. Again - great startup environment, fun culture, more women being hired than previously, but mostly in lower level roles and not in leadership, which is all men. The company is generally not successful at nurturing its existing talent (for either gender), so pretty moderate turnover. With that being said, it's a good place to start a career or develop your skills, if you are willing to get paid less than what you would at other companies for the same job. The PTO is decent and the health insurance plans are fantastic. Though I didn't take any, maternity leave I believe is up to 12 weeks, and 8 weeks paid at 60% (not positive on this though).