Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Kerrigan Estess Rankin McLeod & Thompson LLP to join us.

Kightlinger and Gray LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Standard work horse environment. Attorneys and upper management allowed TREMENDOUS flexibility and personal time. Whereas all others

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Paylocity Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Depending on the manager that you are assigned to in the account management department, working at Paylocity can be like going back to high school all over again. If you are OK in a catty, clique-y environment, you will be fine there but if you're a professional person, they will push you out.

I have heard that they are allowing some remote work but I did not experience this when I worked there.

Treat everyone fairly and keep employee information confidential. I was also marked down on my annual review for using my PTO for doctor/dentist appointments and to care for my daughter. This was time off that I earned.

The Fresh Air Fund Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's led by a woman, and has a dominantly female leadership team.

The culture suggests flexibility, but a better job can be done to ensure that the flexibility is extended to all and does not turn into judgment when exercised.

Kilcoyne & Nesbitt, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They respect hard work, and are flexible if you continue to work hard and meet your billable hours as attorneys.

There is a lot of work to go around, so the job is less flexible because the work has to get done timely.

I was able to extend my leave to 10 weeks with 2 of the weeks being my paid vacation.

The Fresh Market Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Although the company employs a lot of women and has inherent flexibility, Resource scheduling and team work is a big issue.

Although, the department heads allow flexibility in work schedule. They are not adequately trained in how to schedule resources in a production environment.

Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The corporate culture has changed since it is Expedia. There are current efforts to have more women in VP roles, but there is a disconnect with promoting from within.

Tango Card, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work if you want to have an influential role in a young fast growing startup. But like many startups, it falls short of creating a level playing field for women because it lacks a performance review process. Perceptions of job performance can be subjective and based on favoritism. There is no diversity awareness training because "we don't have the resources" and I worry that bias goes unchecked. Also, many of the management team are first-time managers and make leadership mistakes accordingly. As a technology company, there are few women which can feel isolating for the existing women at the company. In part, this is because the majority of our employees come through referrals and people refer their male friends. On the plus side, the culture is laid back and fun. The departments are tight-knit and the mentality is "we're all in this together." The company is also accommodating for personal and family emergencies. In most roles, if you need to leave early to pick your kids up from school it's no problem (our CEO often does with his kids). You can also work from home whenever you want and so long as you get your work done, no one cares. The exception to this is roles in customer service since you do have to be in the office to answer support calls during set business hours. There is room for growth in entry level positions but not really for mid-career positions. This is partly due to the small size and early nature of the company. As the company grows, I hope that changes but I'm concerned that unconscious bias could make it harder for women to rise in the ranks as positions open up. With the exception of the CFO, all management is male and have stay at home wives. I think this contributes to underlying beliefs that women will be less committed to their jobs when they have kids.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

We just surpassed 50 employees so now FMLA kicks in for maternity leave. But this is still unpaid.

Blue Mountain Capital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Standard meathead behavior is rewarded. The men are paid twice what the women are and the women are valued only for their looks

Expeditors International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

Your experience is going to depend on you direct management team. Each department is run like a little business and management is paid mostly on bonuses. If you have a bad manager, you'll have no home life or they will put too many responsibilities on you while limiting your over time.

Entergy Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company offers every other Friday off for most employees. Also, most employees, including those with families, manage to work normal hours. The company has a number of roles, so as long as you give your best, there is a lot of opportunity to move around. Most employees are long-tenured, with 10+ years with the company. Because people have built careers here for many decades, promotion tends to happen more slowly. The pace is more of a marathon than a sprint. On the flip side, this also means that employees are not expected to burn themselves out in an effort to move up, but to work at a sustainable pace. Managers have a lot of discretion with promotions, bonuses, and work flexibility, so it's important to develop a good relationship with your manager from the beginning and make him or her your biggest advocate.

Maternity leave falls under short-term disability (STD) pay, which runs concurrently with FMLA. STD for childbirth is limited to 6-8 weeks, depending on the method of birth. You can use vacation and sick time to fill in the pay for the unpaid portion of FMLA.