Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Klein Independent School District to join us.

Société Générale Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Depending on where you work in the bank there are places where women are supported & promoted. This is not all groups.

WIT Software Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company is a great place to work, learn, work hard and play hard.

Air Liquide Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would not suggest this company. It still has a fairly old school boys club feeling to it. It claims to be family friendly but what you are actually allowed to do is not. Also no paid maternity leave and fertility treatment is not covered by insurance.

Avila University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Prepare to sacrifice your life. You'll be expected to not bring new ideas and never express your opinion. Boss doesn't like being "one upped".

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for more than 6 years. I left a job which paid significantly more because this job offered benefits (vacation, sick, health insurance, 401(k), and when taking all of these things into account, the total compensation was close to what I was making. I was promised regular performance reviews and told I could expect raises commensurate with the quality of work I performed. In the first couple of years, I had a couple of reviews and got only minimal raises in spite of excellent work product. After the first couple of years, a "moratorium" was put on future raises. Profanity goes unchecked in this workplace. Although multiple people reported one particular person's frequent use of the c-word, this employee was only ever reprimanded and sent home for a day or two. For more than 6 years this went on, and to my knowledge, the employee is still there. (He is their largest money-maker) On several occasions, I discussed company morale with the CEO. Nothing was done. Management is more interested in profit-taking than in the people who work for this company. The paralegals are vastly underpaid given the work they do. When I did finally give my notice, and brought up the CEO's failure to deliver on regular reviews/raises, blame was passed to me for failing to ask for such. In my opinion, raises are given as a reward for excellent work. It should not be up to the employee to demand them. Finally, in light of the "moratorium" which was never "lifted," why would any person believe the request for a raise would be granted—particularly when it was common knowledge many requests for such had been denied, even prior to the moratorium. The culture of this business is toxic.

McGuireWoods LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are definitely treated equally when it comes to work assignment. However, like many law firms, advancement to partnership can be tricky especially if you have children. I saw women passed over for partnership because they didn't seem "committed" enough, i.e., they didn't want to bill 2400 hours a year because they had a family.

Big Nerd Ranch Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

When I was there, people's salaries were all over the place. People who fought for higher salaries typically got them, but managers were not proactive about making sure people were where they deserved to be.

State of Texas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity leave working for the State of Texas IS NOT PAID LEAVE. Some agencies will offer you 6 weeks paid if you have not hoarded leave before becoming pregnant. God forbid you have a complicated pregnancy. They can and will count your FMLA leave starting with appointments and sick leave for any complications, which eats into your protected leave. They will fire you after the 12 weeks is up, regardless of whether your leave was eaten up for appointments or illness days pre-delivery. YOU CAN BE FIRED EVEN IF YOU HAVE LEAVE ON THE BOOKS. 12 weeks is the protected leave. That is it. They'd rather pay out the leave and get rid of you for taking 2 weeks of bed rest for a medical condition and your 12 weeks postpartum. Some agencies have a "generous" LWOP policy post FMLA of 90 days. You are required to pay for your insurance on LWOP. No joke. They don't cover your insurance premiums while you are employed but on leave. Well, they cover YOU but not your dependents. Really not helpful. I went into leave without pay for both pregnancies to cover the 12 weeks. I had to then pay $400 in insurance coverage while I had no paycheck. On to non-motherhood issues: There is blatant discrimination against women, particularly if you do not fit into the preconceived notion of what an appropriately feminine woman is supposed to be. This means to be not ugly but not desirable. Good luck meeting those qualifications. I know numerous professional women who have experienced employment discrimination with regard to promotions and the paltry bonuses offered. It does not matter how hard you work. Do not delude yourself. The man will get the promotion over you. Unless he's liberal/pro-women's issues. Then he suffers with you. I say all this knowing full well that most women in my profession have few other options than state employment.

Sungevity Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I had high expectations because of the "B Corporation" status of this company. These were disappointed by the age and gender discrimination I saw all around me at this workplace. The product is a good one that attracts excellent people of all types to devise and sustain it, but only the young, male people are allowed to stay in the company very long.

Hill+Knowlton Strategies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I've been with the company for about four years and have been promoted - overall, I've been able to learn the ins and the outs of public relations and acquire a solid foundation of PR skills and perspective. However, there are some issues with the way things are handled internally. Following a poorly executed merger in 2011, the company has struggled to keep up morale among the staff which has led to other problems within the company culture. News workplace initiatives have been established in recent months with a goal to improve the morale and inspire current staff. These efforts have been appreciated, though the long term impact is yet to be seen.