Kuhn Projects www.kuhnprojects.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Kuhn Projects?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Kuhn Projects to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Euromoney

2/13/17, 10:06 PM

I have been in this company for 8 years. Started in its Regional Latam Office in Argentina in 2008. Worked 2 years homeoffice from Argentina and then got tranfered to NYC March 2013. The knowledge and expertise in the culture and how to do business in Latam and US is pricesless.

Harvard Business Publishing

2/7/17, 8:29 PM

Depending on the department, generally HBP is majority-women and has a ton of people who work 100% remotely. Upper management is fairly white-old-men though, which is too bad (but I think changing).

Mexico Business Publishing

100% might recommend
2/2/17, 10:33 PM

Women are not discriminated against in terms of positions of power, promotions or salary, however there is a culture of men obtaining more opportunities.

Maybe. Sometimes culture can be very male-oriented

Macmillan

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
2/1/17, 7:53 AM

If you have a fmaily this would not be a good company. Although they say that they respect work-life balance, they don't. They expect you to answer emails until 11pm at night if not later. Also, had to get up a few time at 4:30am to attend meetings from across the UK. It was okay for me, but then had to go into the office afterwards.

Maybe. If you want to stay in the position where you are definitely this is the company for you. Also, if you're single and don't have a serious relationship this would also be the perfect company for you.

Wenner Media LLC

1/30/17, 6:38 PM

They're not age-friendly, after people were purged, younger editors were hired.

I was downsized, so I don't know if it would count. Perhaps make retraining an option instead of just firing people...

Pearson Education

3.1
47%say women are treated fairly
41% would recommend
10/13/16, 1:29 PM

Flexible to work for. Casual dress. Management in my case is easy to talk with.

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing

50%say women are treated fairly
50% would recommend
9/30/16, 3:33 PM

Schedule can be very flexible, depending on the position. Many women executive roles.

Combination of short term disability, 1 fully paid week from the company, and banked OA and vacation time.

Rodale Inc

8/8/16, 9:55 AM

Good work life balance - essentially a 9-5 situation, and they're totally flexible about taking time off as needed for appointments, etc.

Starnes Publishing

8/1/16, 11:34 AM

There are a lot of great female journalists who work here, and the overall environment is very supportive and friendly.

W.W. Norton & Company

50%say women are treated fairly
50% would recommend
6/2/16, 3:51 PM

This company is still run by a very traditional core group who want employees to be on site, 9-5, and who give lip service to valuing family without backing it up with support systems. "Employee owned" sounds great but is misleading; there is a board of directors and top group of editors who make all decisions. There is little transparency and few channels for input from the average mid-level employee. The maternity leave policy is definitely better than many other companies have; however the policies that follow-- once you have a family and want to find work/life balance and negotiate for flextime or working at home-- are frustratingly vague and dependent upon the whims of individual managers. Company policy is vague and applied inconsistently to various employee situations, so advocating for oneself based on policy is a bit like standing on quicksand. That said, some departments and groups within the company are wonderful, and as a female employee you can really thrive. However it's contingent upon one's manager and upon politics. Overall, a very old-school environment.

6 months unpaid leave is offered; new policy offers 6 weeks paid + 1 week additional pay for years employed at the company (up to a cap). Up to 4 weeks paid paternity leave is offered.
Maybe. Opportunity and policy varies widely depending upon your department. Some groups have progressive, positive management who advocate for their employees and permit working at home, flextime schedules, and opportunities to progress and grow. Others very definitely do not.