Laird Norton Company

www.lairdnorton.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Laird Norton Company to join us.

CareFirst, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a really great place to work, especially if you desire to grow in your career. It seems that solid work is rewarded well, however I realize that within the organization, the culture of each group may be different.

Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

PCORI is a very warm, friendly place to work where people support each other and treat each other kindly. People work together on projects for the most part and depending on the position, there are lot of opportunities for growth. They also frequently higher people to new positions from within.

The place itself is not bad, but I am mismatched for the work. However, I will also say that while I am mismatched for the work which isn't PCORI's fault, I also don't feel that I get a lot of opportunities to learn new skills around the work that I do.

Jamie's Interiors Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You better have a lot of time to spend doing this, I cover 13 states in a truck decorating homes. Long hours, long days and then you go to sleep in a hotel and stay you will do until the job is done.

Greystone Properties Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Have to be in with the right people to move up

Big Spaceship Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Below-industry /market salary ranges for women, with little chance to have them reviewed

Cordell & Cordell Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked with Cordell for 4 years as an associate attorney. In general I think the firm treated women fairly by providing adequate maternity leave and opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately the client base is heavily male which impacts the work environment significantly. Although I am a seasoned attorney I was regularly addressed by clients in a patriarchal manner and unable to take any action to address the issue. This imbalance left me frustrated and ultimately caused me to leave the firm.

Concordia University Chicago Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women in varied roles in the organization ranging from primarily directors to professors. CUC seems to be open to change and to promoting women into the upper echelons. They could be more diverse, but that seems to be changing as well.

Geico Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The good thing about this company is that it does seem to provide the same opportunities for hard working individuals regardless of gender. That being said, the company is severely understaffed when it comes to its claims departments. I have worked in several claims related departments, and in every department I was in, staffing was an issue. With such a large, market predominant company, one would think that they would place a higher priority on getting adequately staffed to boost morale for tenured employees. Many people burnout after awhile because the goals and expectations are unrealistic considering the staffing issues. Good benefits to include paid vacation, 401k (no dollar for dollar matching, though), disability, life insurance, vision, FSA, etc. Not conducive to family oriented individuals - expect long hours and even weekends as a regular occurrence. IF you have children and work on a desk, you will be drained to come home and help them with homework and probably won't have energy to make dinner from scratch. Sick leave is a joke. Sick leave is tied into your dependability score, which is a part of your rating as an associate. If you have poor dependability, it can be grounds for termination. To use sick leave, without being penalized, it needs to meet FMLA guidelines (e.g., a recurrent serious medical condition, pregnancy, etc). Average colds and flus are NOT covered under FMLA, and being that GEICO is a cubicle environment, people who are afraid of their dependability being impacted will come in to the office and expose others to their cold/flu. For those that do not take sick leave and have good dependability, there is no reward other than being able to keep your job. You are not able to cash out your sick or use it for vacation. even if it does qualify for FMLA coverage, you are only allowed 12 weeks of FMLA leave per year, even if you have multiple fmla related incidents come up (let's say you were pregnant, plus had diabetes, or migraines and they each required time off at different times). The sick leave requirements were one of the most complained about issues throughout the company, and has been for years, but no changes.

Goldman Sachs Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

March 2015

It's crucial to network, have mentors and sponsors.

RAM Development Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I worked there for quite some time. I feel like management took advantage of my nativity and skills. I was almost running the entire business operations after just a few short months. (I was left completely on my own, to my own devices (which should have tipped me off to how the rest of my employment with them would go)after only being there 3 days. Don't get me wrong, not everything about my experience was bad. The other employees I worked with were mostly enjoyable people. My only complaint was ever with management, or rather lack of it. Even though I put in place several ideas that wound up saving the company money, my ideas and input were rarely ever taken into account or listened to. I'm not saying I have the best or brightest ideas but I think some of them at least deserved more discussion. I guess my issue with this really lies with how much personal pressure that management would put on each employee that the success of the business was up to the employee but then not allowing the employees any input into ideas or policies at all.