Liberty Mutual Group http://www.libertymutualgroup.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Liberty Mutual Group?
Lady lifework

Slow-moving, bureaucratic organization with mostly male middle and upper management. It can be difficult to break into the boys' club especially when male managers refer to each other as "buddy" or "bud." Company recently introduced parental leave of 2 weeks for both mothers and fathers; falls quite short as more companies are offering 2 months plus. 401k is 50 cents on the dollar up to 6%. New health insurance options introduced to save the company money and transfer more costs to employees. Calibration process is designed to keep wages low. Starting salaries are competitive but be prepared for wage stagnation even if you are a consistent high performer.

Lady anon829 Principal HR Generalist, HR

if you work at the headquarters in Boston, you're likely to get promoted, but can't say the same when you work in the various field offices

Lady Payitforward

Most of top management is male. Women have definitely made progress is top echelons, the gap is still striking. The company needs to be commended for making efforts but unless you are super important, VP level woman employee, a smaller grade employee really has little path forward.

Depends on the manager and team
Lady Cubicle Queen Claims Specialist, Workers' Compensation

My department is predominately female and there are many women in leadership roles, but men still seem to advance faster in their careers. Work-life balance is a buzz word, but it's expected that you'll put in extra time on a regular basis to complete your workload. Scheduling is flexible and there does seem to be consideration given to those with family demands to change their schedule as needed.

Lady Innovation

I have found that hard work and good networking get you far here. I limit my in-office time to 40 hours a week and my evenings are devoted to my family, yet I have been promoted annually and am currently at the highest level of individual contributor positions. There are amble flexible work arrangements available, although upper management does not participate in them. Maternity leave is on par with other companies, and taking the full amount of leave available is encouraged. It sometimes feels like coworkers judge my schedule and the hours I put in, but my work speaks for itself and I've never felt held back as a woman.

Lady Claims Wrangler Claims Specialist, Claims

I haven't worked here long enough yet to give it a good review regarding what women should/shouldn't know.

Lady Manager Plus One Manager, Group Benefits

It's a large company with plenty of women promoted to positions of power.

Lady Corpworld Tax Manager, Corporate finance

I think it is a great company to work for but your career progression depends on the department you are in. Stay away from the tax department. Working long hours on a regular basis and often unpredictable schedule. Stressful environment and senior directors push everything on managers but provide little support.

Yes, but not in a different department
Lady analyst0116

N.A

Madam HR Manager

Women do get paid less than men so negotiate before you accept an offer. They won't likely pay anyone the top of the posted salary, so expect to land in the middle of the range.

Women Review Liberty Mutual Group for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Liberty Mutual Group by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 28 reviews Company Website Lady lifework Lady anon829 Lady Payitforward Lady Cubicle Queen Lady Innovation Lady Claims Wrangler Lady Manager Plus One Lady Corpworld Lady analyst0116 Madam HR Manager