Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Localytics to join us.

Great Clips Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

This is not a job that will take you anywhere. All of our managers, regional managers and employees either get let go for odd reasons or they quit because they are completely tired of the negative environment and low pay.

I dropped down to part time to focus on my degree and when doing so I was given extremely low hours and seemed to be considered less than the full time employees.

Great clips and it mc rocket corporation is incompetently ran. mostly work politics , firing people at will so that they can hire there friends in. th way have fires people illegally And do not respect nor appreciate their employees. Unfortunately it is a job we’re you are constantly threatened and discriminated against.

IQ Essay Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would tell that I'm glad to work at this employer

DojoMojo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is the only place that I have worked at where I genuinely believe that my gender does not effect how anyone in leadership treats me and/or my work. Women's ideas are respected, heard and credited to the woman who expressed them, and there are women in all levels of the company.

Rapid7 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Rapid7 values women as leaders, there are many women in head leadership roles. They are a forward thinking company.

Protect America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

From what I've seen, it's an inflexible place to work if you have to pick up a child, even with people higher up in the company.

Beacon Health Options, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

They are not family friendly. While there are lots of women in leadership positions, there is very little flexibility from my department head (a man) in terms of work hours, remote working, or schedule shifting for family related emergencies. Or if there is you are retaliated against for using it. It's discriminatory. To make it worse myet supervisor (female) commits feminist crime by not supporting her female employees and being out for herself.

All paid leave was PTO or short term disability, not actual company paidoes leave. Had I not had PTO and elected to enroll in the short term disability benefit it would have all been unpaid

I select multiple options....work life balance and improve family leave (from nonexistent existent to existent!)

GT Nexus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Giving the benefit of the doubt, sexist comments and actions probably come from ignorance or naivety rather than being malicious. Still, it's very present and has an impact on your work. When these actions/comments are pointed out, it's usually laughed off, like "wow, he said that?!" and then ignored, or worse, seen as not having a think enough skin or inability to take a joke.

Respect everyone equally and have zero tolerance for misogynistic behavior

Southern Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years, and the company does make efforts to promote women, but I'd say the family policies are equally rough for men and women. The culture is generally not very family-friendly, BUT it truly depends on your manager and department. I've been relatively lucky over the years, but I've had friends who have been in ridiculous situations (being made to take off an hour of vacation if they had to go to a school play - even though a professional and not hourly employee). The culture trends toward the old school chained-to-your-desk from 8 to 5 mentality, but again, it greatly varies with who you work for. I've been awfully lucky over the years. They do try to promote a diverse workforce. The job is very stable. It's hard to get fired from Southern Company (or it's sub companies - Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power and Southern Company Services). The provide a nice bonus, they are fairly good about career paths and they provide a nice pension, so there are good points about working here. Regarding the parental leave policy, it has been ridiculously antiquated for decades. They recently performed a study showing how many female engineers they were losing because of it, so they've made some much needed changes. They now offer 14 fully paid weeks as of Jan. 1, 2016. This is for new parents and adoptive parents as well. Before you had two weeks and could then use your vacation and sick leave and then go unpaid. Some managers hated to see their employees in rough shape, so would offer extended sick leave throughout whatever you agreed with them at 60 percent. Management is male-dominated and very southern old-school. They are making, what I consider, honest efforts to diversify, and I think in not too long we will see the fruits of that, but for now it's run by wealthy men with stay at home wives with full time help who take care of everything. At the end of the day, we will see that diversification (and already see it a bit), but it's a sad fact that most women who come up in the company through management are harder to deal with. The attitude is very much "I didn't have all these 'privileges' and you shouldn't either, which is disheartening. For the most part, male managers are much more family-friendly. The new policy is nice and workable, but I hope over time, as an industry-leader and a Fortune 500 company, they will become more generous.

Bronson Methodist Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Guy Carpenter & Co Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 7 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. I have increased responsibilities and workload without any pay increase. Three men in my department have received multiple promotions since I began my employment. I don't know my pay grade or my salary range. I have asked for it but never received. When I inquire about to HR they contact my boss and not me. My boss asked me why I went to HR that everything should be handled locally. So now I'm afraid to ask anyone about my pay. I just stay silent and hope to just keep my job. I get compliments all the time about my work but can't get higher than a 3 no matter how well I perform. And my boss doesn't like to do reviews so I haven't had one in 2 years. My last increase was 1.5 percent. I don't know how that compares to my peers. Seems low to me.