Lockheed Martin Corporation http://www.lockheedmartin.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Lockheed Martin Corporation?
FormerLMemployee

Good company for younger women to work for. High risk of layoffs as you get older.

Depends on location how women are treated. There are more opportunities for women in this company than most manufacturing companies.
Lockheedboss

This is a great company and provides many paths to advancement for those who are willing to work. It is easy to be lazy and just keep plodding along. But, if you are willing to work and have brains, the sky is the limit. Find mentors, go to events where leaders speak, be active.

Lady LM

In a worldwide company that's predominately staffed by males it's a tough race to win as far as promotions and recognition go. I work at one of the largest Lockheed campuses in the US so it's easy to get lost in the crowd if you're trying to make a name for yourself. Hundreds of people apply to each job requisition and the only way to move up is by who you know and not what you know.

anon1751 Engineering Intern

There is no discrimination against women. There's women and men holding management positions.

Syncopated Principal Systems Engineer, Engineering

Good leadership opportunities. Still male oriented work in engineering, but they do a lot to level the playing field.

Lady finch

Lockheed Martin does not know how to recruit in software to begin with and hasn't figured out that it should try to recruit women specifically. Thus there are not many of us around. So the guys are not always aware of things that are problems, like "squatting in people's offices to pump is not a good solution" and may need more explaining than you would expect a human being to need. You will need to be assertive to get your needs met. For compensation, I can't be sure it's gendered, but I know that I've never in 9 years had a performance review that correlated with my actual performance. They have a lot of process to make it fair, but that means that they change your performance ratings to help people "due" for promotions get them and so on. They also have a formula to figure out pay raises based on performance. I was being severely underpaid and only got a raise to something more appropriate when I tried to be the last person to quit.

It varies a lot by group.

In my experience the company is largely male dominated with an aging workforce. Women typically serve in HR, Finance and Administration roles. However, the company welcomes women to Engineering fields and there are opportunities for promotion.

Lady Devvy Senior Software Engineer, Engineering

I worked on a large software system for nearly 4 years. There were a few other female software engineers but most women were in system engineering or management roles. I was often the only female on a team. With that said, my managers and teammates were very respectful and treated me like an equal, if anything they were almost too worried about making me feel excluded!

Work not always most interesting, but great benefits (healthcare, flex time, work life balance)
Lady AFVetFlorida Project Management

I've worked here for 5 years and while there is other women working there, our opinions are usually discarded. The worst part is that there is absolutely NO training on how to do your job. Everyone is doing the same tasks in different ways and there is no continuity. The only way to get ahead in this company is the literally suck up to your boss. Otherwise, you won't get noticed at all. It's a bad company for anyone to work for.

Lady Retiree

Women are either assistants or obligatory female leaders- not many in between.

Must enter the company with a college degree

Women Review Lockheed Martin Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Lockheed Martin Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.9 stars, based on 11 reviews Company Website FormerLMemployee Lockheedboss Lady LM anon1751 Syncopated Lady finch Lady anon621 Lady Devvy Lady AFVetFlorida Lady Retiree