Lumosity www.lumosity.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Lumosity?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Lumosity to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Orbitz Worldwide, Inc.

50%say women are treated fairly
50% would recommend
2/17/17, 5:20 PM

The corporate culture has changed since it is Expedia. There are current efforts to have more women in VP roles, but there is a disconnect with promoting from within.

Starry

2/17/17, 3:43 PM

There's more than a couple of women in leadership positions here. Also, there's a lot of co-worker support within the "lady ranks". We all look out for each other and there isn't ANY of that catty behavior. I've never experienced the supportiveness that I do here. It's definitely a strong point.

Company just implemented a very generous maternity policy.

Shopify

0%say women are treated fairly
2/16/17, 11:29 PM

Lots of flexibility, however not a lot of proactive thought into growing people, especially in engineering. The culture is very much you must make your own way and hope someone notices and recognizes you.

85% top up for both Canadian maternity and paternal leave.

Amazon

3.1
38%say women are treated fairly
32% would recommend
2/15/17, 1:50 AM

Find a mentor and find allies. We misuse a leadership principle (Earns Trust) as a crutch for calling women "demanding", "bitchy". we are aggressive not assertive.

Maybe. There are a ton of different teams at Amazon and some women have good experiences. I would encourage female applicants to network with Amazonians and ask a lot of questions about culture.

Houzz

67%say women are treated fairly
33% would recommend
2/13/17, 1:36 AM

It's a great place for women - I would say about 70% of the office I work in is actually women, and most of the leadership roles are filled by women. We do have a nice maternity leave policy which is great.

Maybe. I am treated fair & well, but have heard RUMORS of male managers not treating women fairly. Fully rumors, I have had a great experience thus far.

Siteimprove, Inc.

2/11/17, 9:22 PM

Senior leadership is open to ideas to continuously improve the culture for everyone. Siteimprove offers paid maternity leave and partners with an onsite Benefits Specialist for reasonable accommodations (Minneapolis office). The company is growing with an ever-changing environment, so what may be true one day needs to evolve to keep up with the business needs the next. It can be a challenge to adjust to these changes but those that are agile are recognized.

They offer but I have not taken.

Spotify

50%say women are treated fairly
2/6/17, 10:45 PM

It's gone through a lot of growing pains but headed in the right direction with solid emphasis on equality and diversity.

Amazon

3.1
38%say women are treated fairly
32% would recommend
2/4/17, 2:32 AM

Be prepared to experience some low key, classic misogyny: getting interrputed by men, having to fight a little harder to be taken seriously, etc. If you can handle that, you will learn a lot. Also be prepared to be discouraged that there are virtually no women in director-level positions or above.

Maybe. As a human being, I would recommend working here. As a woman, I probably would not. The leadership of our team is entirely made up of men. Diversity is referred to as a "problem", not an area of opportunity. Women are frequently talked over, not taken as seriously as their male counterparts, and struggle to find opportunities to advance in their careers, despite having delivered on just as much as the men receiving promotions over them.

SheKnows

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
2/2/17, 6:28 PM

It is a woman-oriented business with mostly women employees, and I observed zero harassment. Pay is decent for editorial; benefits including mat leave are good. NY-based editors and writers who specialize in repackaging trending items into an editorial voice should be treated okay. But there are a lot of high-level management/strategy concerns resulting in several rounds of layoffs over the past 12 months; sales teams find it difficult to succeed. For a woman-led, avowedly feminist company with mostly women employees, C-level leadership is very overrepresented male (CEO, CTO, CFO). No priority to diversity hiring, which is reflected in a content bias toward white middle class concerns and tokenist treatment of WOC in the office. Current management favors NY-office-based employees over remote employees - more flex in theory than practice.

Not for Hiring
Maybe. Benefits are good, pro-woman culture at least in theory, I observed zero harassment. Several rounds of layoffs in the past year, changes of management and direction and uneven leadership mean you'd have to treat this longstanding company as a startup. If you are okay with the brand, live in NYC and flexible about long-term prospects with the company, you should be okay.
I've recently left the company, but what I wished I had seen was a commitment to feminist principles in leadership hiring, diversity hiring and remote management.

VSCO

2/2/17, 4:52 PM

VSCO is an inclusive environment where I am motivated to own my role and make a big impact. The team is kind, hard-working, and driven to build an amazing product and company.

Our leave policy is very flexible and family friendly for maternity, paternity, and adoption.