Mamamia Women's Network http://www.mamamia.com.au

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Mamamia Women's Network?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Mamamia Women's Network to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

XO Group Inc

50% would recommend
11/12/16, 3:38 AM

Men tend to do better at this company, not because they are men, but because they spend more time working.

Maybe. Depends on department and office location

Rolling Stone

100% would not recommend
10/24/16, 5:10 PM

Before I say anything else I want to be clear that I did really love working here and did really enjoy my job. But I also want to make it clear that it is extremely difficult for women to break into editorial jobs at the magazine. During my many years there, there were only two female editors. And neither were ever given an office. It's a very male-dominated culture, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Again, I worked with some extremely talented people, and on a day-to-day basis I was usually very happy. But I would say to any woman considering working there: Go in with your eyes open. Get experience, put the name on your resume, and then move on. As for work/life balance, there is very little. The hours are long (as is standard for publishing), and there is no flexibilty with hours or working offsite (although the online department may offer some ability to work from home, not sure).

The company offered 12 weeks maternity leave, but only seven weeks were paid. Six weeks of those seven were paid as part of short-term disability leave (though they were paid at full salary). Since there is a week before disability pay kicks in, they use a weeks' worth of your (10) sick days to cover the first week of your leave. If you had to stop working early, they would take that time out of your 12 weeks. (To be fair, although that is the actual policy, they did let me work from home the week leading up to my due date.) You can also choose to use your vacation days as part of your leave, although you will not receive that pay until you return to work.

Domino Media Group

100% might recommend
10/20/16, 9:09 PM

It's a great place to gain valuable experience and then move on.

Maybe. I would recommend it for entry level women interested in the lifestyle editorial track. It's a great first position.

Fusion Network

50% might recommend
8/24/16, 10:52 PM

The women that do work at FUSION are smart, motivated and proactive. Above all, they're passionate about making the workplace and culture desirable for all. It's inspiring to be around them but sometimes it is hard to ignore that there aren't many in senior leadership roles. I hope over time that changes.

Maybe. In some departments, you'll see mostly women. In others, no women. Because there are some inconsistencies, my recommendation would probably be based on job role.

Fusion Network

50% might recommend
8/23/16, 6:52 AM

This is 100% a male dominated environment- just notice how there are no women in SVP roles or higher. Most meetings don't even include women unless they are there to take notes. Women don't get promoted easily, however, it's not uncommon to see a man get promoted every week. They falsely support women's concerns and questions because ultimately, nothing is done to actually improve the situation. Probably best to work anywhere but here if you are a woman.

Triple Canopy

100% would not recommend
7/10/16, 10:10 PM

No women in positions of influence so policies and culture are not family-friendly

Bleacher Report

100%say women are treated fairly
4/11/16, 7:38 PM

Bleacher Report is the best company I have ever worked for (among about seven) in terms of compensation, equality, respect, and culture. My coworkers are both fun (we have a full bar with arcade games on one floor) and family-focused (at least three men have been out for paternity leave this year and about five people are getting married), while being open to all people and lifestyles. I absolutely love working here!

Long Island Pulse

100%say women are treated fairly
4/9/16, 10:25 PM

n/a

Politico

100% might recommend
1/20/16, 10:46 PM

Worked at Politico for almost three years. It's a very difficult place to work for members of any gender and worse if you are a woman. I tell men not to work there and practically beg women to stay away.

Maybe. Only if you walk in knowing you can only survive a couple of years. They'll drive you crazy while you are there.

Future US

1/19/16, 8:21 PM

Our industry is male dominated. Being a woman can work for or against you. Up to you how you play it.