Maverick Technologies

www.mavtechglobal.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Maverick Technologies to join us.

GlobalVetLINK, LC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It’s a boys club. While the work place is staffed about 50/50 with men and women, there are no women in senior leadership, and no plans of making that shift. Women are treated more like the 1950’s ideal of secretaries even though most are highly educated with years of experience.

Signature Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a great company with great benefits. Opportunity for growth

fdfd

National Oilwell Varco, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

Speak up! You will only get noticed and ahead if you produce great results and work harder than some of your counterparts. Don't be afraid to move to other roles in the company to advance.

It really depends on your position at the company and the group you work for. Some groups are trying to move to flex schedules while you still have others who believe the 8-5 way of life.

NOV doesn't have paid maternity leave. If you are salary you are paid first two weeks out on leave at 100% sick time. Then you go onto short term disability at 66 2/3%. If you go beyond your medical short term by your doctor you go onto unpaid FMLA leave. Hopefully they change this.

Hooters Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Decent job to have while working through and going to college. Flexible shifts

PennyMac Loan Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women have great opportunities to climb the corporate ladder and there are opportunities for mentorship from men and women in leadership positions. They have lots of room to improve family-friendly policies (flex-time, leave)

SeniorBridge Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most of the caregivers are female. The men typically are in upper management. This is hard working conditions.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

University of California, Riverside Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Worked less than a year. Felt it was important to make my presence felt by working harder.

Organizing For America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

Harvey Fishbein Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2015

I work for a solo criminal defense as his sole employee. We work one-on-one and he treats me well. I'm involved in all aspects of the practice and while I do administrative/support work, he also treats me as an equal and we brainstorm, draft motions, and strategize together. I have been fully involved in a big, high-profile case we have had for the past 2 years and was invaluable during hearings and at trial. However, there is no opportunity for advancement and the pay is low with no chance for raises. I have gotten great experience post-college but feel it is time to move on.