McKinley Irvin

www.mckinleyirvin.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at McKinley Irvin to join us.

Red Gold, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a young woman, this could be a great resume builder depending on the role and boss you have. In most instances young people work here 1-3 years max and move on. They are looking for flexibility, a fun and thriving workplace that treats employees well for their performance. That is not necessarily the case here. In all of the senior management positions, only 1 is by a female and she is a co-owner/family. Women simply do not get promoted or recognized for their efforts.

When it is allowed, it is super secret, because the management and ownership of the company does not agree with flexibility in the workplace. Unfortunately they try to run the Corporate office as it they do the manufacturing facilities and are very out of touch with what employees want and need in a work environment.

SKYGO Marketing Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As an employee in this Company, I"m so very thankful that I was given a chance to work here. I can highly recommend this company to other women out there.

Manhattan Broadway Hotel Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You may apply right away, he may not hire you know but who knows?

n/a

The boss or manager of this hotel(John Du) is very rude, selfish and completely inconsiderate of his male, night shift employees (he has gone through 4 in just two months and about ten since February). I wonder why, I mean, the common denominator is him. He curses you out, when you reach out to him with an issue (some very serious issues) he completely ignores and when he fires you, he makes his decision weeks prior to actually telling you and only so he can train someone else to replace you. He fired me unjustly and quite illegally so (I currently am starting a lawsuit against him and a previous guest who scammed him and cost me my job). He didn't even give me the benefit of the doubt and did not consider my outstanding work and loyalty, Instead he got scared by a pair of cons and lost a loyal employee with hig integrity. A true employee that would have, if given the chance, made his hotel that much better. He treats his day staff (females) like daughters or mistresses and his male night auditors like scum. His manager David expects you to be there 10 to 15 minutes prior to the start of your shift, unpaid and only so he can get home early because he lives far and will miss his train. So unprofessional and illegal. Yet if you stay an extra half hour or even ten minutes, they request you do not put on your time sheet. The job was great. I absolutely loved doing what i did. But these two are so utterly unprofessional and schemers that I just am glad I am no longer there.

American Indian College Fund Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are very powerful women here and that culture is very embarrassed but there is no flexibility with schedule or time off.

Bepress Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a traditional technology company in that women occupy predominantly lower-paid support roles. Several female colleagues have perceived an expectation that female staff are expected to be motherly, emotionally supportive, deferential, and passive when interacting with male colleagues—including the CEO. Assertiveness is viewed as confrontational behavior and "not being a team player." As such, women are rarely considered for leadership roles here are not promoted at the same rate as men.

Bottle Rocket LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We hired pregnant women, and based on the number of recently pregnant women at the company, seem to do a good job of holding up to your current maternity policy.

Beta International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for almost 5 years, and while I did achieve some level of success, I would not recommend it. I was only given promotions and raises when I would be ready to leave to work elsewhere. Management was very disorganized and most of the women in the business were given support roles.

Publix Super Markets, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

if you are a female wanting full time the only departments that might give it to you would be deli or bakery departments the rest you would have to be a man. I have been fighting for 7 years to get full time.

SmartMunk Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Work hard but don`t tell your opinion. In spite of 8 years experience in the company (mother and spin off) your experience is no more valuable for the new director.

Safeway Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.6

May 2015

This job seems fantastic at first. You can move up really quickly, but if you think you have a really good chance to climb further up the corporate ladder than you ever expected to because currently everything you do is golden, think again. You are just the "new kid in town", and your time in the sun will be short-lived. The first time you make a mistake, as humans often do, you will find all that support you had yesterday is suddenly being directed toward the next "new kid", and you are now ancient history. Even if you manage to not make mistake, at best, you are stuck in a position you most likely have until you leave either to retire or to start another job. The rapid rise is pretty much taken you as high as you will ever go, although for quite a few people, that realization won't sink in for 10 to 15 years.