McKinsey & Company http://www.mckinsey.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about McKinsey & Company?
Lady draste Engagement Manager

I've worked here for 4 years across 2 offices and multiple sectors/industries. I believe that McKinsey is truly committed to creating an environment where everyone can succeed and thrive, including women. There are numerous programs that have been designed with flexibility in mind (these are open to both men and women) and the number of these programs has grown substantially since I joined the company. While consulting remains male dominated, there are certainly female role models and many male roles models and sponsors as well. One of my favorite "women friendly" things about McKinsey is our evaluation system, which I think takes a significant amount of bias out of reviews.

Lady anon135 Associate, Consulting

Despite this being an environment with more men than women, I have never felt at a disadvantage or discriminated against. I truly believe McKinsey is working very hard to grow the percentage of women.

Lady juneblossom16 Associate, Generalist

In my 2 year here, I've found McKinsey to be truly entrepreneurial - you can take ownership over your own career path and drive it where you see fit. McKinsey is a place that will push you beyond your comfort zone, place you around some of the smartest people on the globe and where you'll find people who really care about you and your development.

Lady Empowered Associate

I've had an extremely positive experience working here. There are incredibly inspiring female leaders who make themselves available to advise / mentor female colleagues, and I've never felt that being a woman has had a negative influence on the work I'm allowed to do or the reviews or support I've received. In my experience, this job has been empowering and has really built my confidence.

I think McKinsey does everything possible to foster a positive working environment for women. In addition to several initiatives that I've been involved in, I've also been really happy to see men participate in the dialogue in really meaningful ways, particularly the leadership serving as a good example. The focus on mentorship has been really important to me, and I've been lucky to have several female mentors who have made opportunities for me.

Lady EarlyMcKinseyVictim Computer Systems Analyst, Firm Headquarters

Women are definitely second class citizens.

Lady Mom of Two

Take the time to get to know people - the people at this firm are amazing, and personal relationships make the job much more rewarding

Lady Lace Administration

nothing

Lady Anteater Business Analyst, Generalist

Great mentorship

Depends on the particular industry and partners one is working with
Lady Siobhan

Mini me syndrome exists - find great directors and adopt their field. Don't follow your passion and end up with one of the head cases

There are opportunities but it can also be a strggle

Women Review McKinsey & Company for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of McKinsey & Company by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 38 reviews Company Website Lady draste Lady anon135 Lady juneblossom16 Lady Empowered Lady anon136 Lady EarlyMcKinseyVictim Lady Mom of Two Lady Lace Lady Anteater Lady Siobhan