Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at MDRC to join us.

University Of Missouri Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Healthcare for families is the best you will find in the area for affordable and comprehensive coverage, but that is the limit of benefits for working women. There is no paid family leave, wages are stagnant, and leadership is male-dominated and not motivated to change.

Flexibility is left up to middle management and direct supervisors and so is inconsistently applied and subject to the whims of one's department head.

My leave was paid in that I "cashed in" all accrued vacation and sick time. When I returned to work I had no additional paid time for well-child visits, to care for my sick child, or for my own health.

US Capital Advisors Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

I would. There are some excellent teams that I think do a superior job promoting gender diversity and are thrilled to work with smart and talented women.

Seattle Pacific University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Many managers care about employees maintaining work-life balance. Helping employees to gain new skills and advance to positions of increasing responsibility is a priority for some managers, but not all managers.

Federal Home Loan Bank Of New York Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Hours are OK unless you are on a big complex project, always too much demand not enough capacity/resources

Tango Card, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work if you want to have an influential role in a young fast growing startup. But like many startups, it falls short of creating a level playing field for women because it lacks a performance review process. Perceptions of job performance can be subjective and based on favoritism. There is no diversity awareness training because "we don't have the resources" and I worry that bias goes unchecked. Also, many of the management team are first-time managers and make leadership mistakes accordingly. As a technology company, there are few women which can feel isolating for the existing women at the company. In part, this is because the majority of our employees come through referrals and people refer their male friends. On the plus side, the culture is laid back and fun. The departments are tight-knit and the mentality is "we're all in this together." The company is also accommodating for personal and family emergencies. In most roles, if you need to leave early to pick your kids up from school it's no problem (our CEO often does with his kids). You can also work from home whenever you want and so long as you get your work done, no one cares. The exception to this is roles in customer service since you do have to be in the office to answer support calls during set business hours. There is room for growth in entry level positions but not really for mid-career positions. This is partly due to the small size and early nature of the company. As the company grows, I hope that changes but I'm concerned that unconscious bias could make it harder for women to rise in the ranks as positions open up. With the exception of the CFO, all management is male and have stay at home wives. I think this contributes to underlying beliefs that women will be less committed to their jobs when they have kids.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

We just surpassed 50 employees so now FMLA kicks in for maternity leave. But this is still unpaid.

Bio-tech Pharmacal Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This employer is very old school that they only promote white males if possible. They flip flop on maternity leave policies, and the female heads of the company get jelous and vindictive of any other women working in the office. It is hard to be a woman and work with that much hatred.

Holder Construction Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you don't mind long hours, especially working in the field, it's a good job. They pay extremely well, but expect you to give 150% of yourself to the project you're on if you're on a job site. They're not always flexible with taking time off, and not always willing to transfer you where you want to go.

River City Labs Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Male dominated industry. Be prepared to run your own race. Great opportunity if you're keen on making a mark in the industry as you are one of few women. Non existant maternity options, not family friendly workplace.

Sonos Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked in marketing for a year so not sure this is the fullest summary, but my experience was really good. I left for reasons unrelated to the company. Marketing department was more than half women which is typical. Everyone really friendly and I never encountered sexist jokes or comments. However nearly all of the bosses were men even though the department was mostly female. The engineering department stats were terrible, when I still worked at the company there were 20 engineers and 1 of them was a woman. So a mixed bag but mostly friendly people.

CGS Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Give great attention to the fact that you're working in a call center. While it may not be the worse place to live, there are fab experiences you can learn here and take with you where ever you go. Don't get wrapped up in the gossip, that's on every job and more intense in a call center setting. Keep ya nose clean, mind your business, and look at those around you.